Advice 2 : How to apply and remove the gypsum
For fractures apply the so-called liquid bandage. In these cases, you need to put a cast on directly on the skin. After the plaster will be applied, in 20 minutes, it should slightly harden. However, finally it will harden a little later. Usually after the x-rays look if everything is correctly connected. If there is any bias, it is necessary to remove the plaster and do it all over again.
After a specified physician period of use gypsum, better yourself not to shoot but to seek help from a specialist. Primarily, this is due to the fact that it is necessary to repeat the order to make sure that everything is in order and also get the advice of a doctor about to how to further treat the site of fracture for proper healing.
To put a cast on, you'll appreciate
- Gypsum powder
- Bandages in different widths up to three meters
- Warm water
- To check the quality of the powder, mix some plaster with water in a ratio of 1:1.
- After five to seven minutes to check if the ground hardens. If so, the powder is of good quality.
- Make sure that the plaster was white in color and was finely milled.
- Then it is necessary to gradually unwind the bandage and every forty centimeters to RUB in the cast arm.
- Loosely wrap the bandages promgipsovaya
- It is necessary to heat the water to 40 degrees Celsius.
- If you want to slow down the process of hardening of plaster, you can add a three percent solution of glycerin.
- Lower in the pelvis the bandage, so that the water completely covers them.
- Wait until the bandage is completely soaked.
- The bandage should be slightly wring out and impose it in accordance with all medical requirements.
- When applying the bandage tape should slightly overlap at one end.
- Periodically straighten the formed folds.
- At the end of the procedure to wait 20 minutes for the plaster hardened a little.
- After perform x-ray control.
- If there is displacement, it is necessary to remove the plaster and make it right.
Advice 3 : How to wear the cast
Advice 4 : When remove the plaster
People of retirement age can wear a cast for up to three months, because with age the restoration of bone tissue protekaet much slower. On the wear time of plaster can be affected by various diseases, which disrupt the bone formation or inhibit mineral metabolism. For example, when collagenoses recovery time of damaged bone is increased at least twice.
How many get the cast off?
The patient can remove, imposed by the therapist to the cast at home. However, this can only happen with the direct instruction of a physician. He should recommend to the patient the exact period the plaster is removed. In addition, the patient after removal of plaster is necessary to undergo a medical check and, if necessary, to carry out the rehabilitation procedure. In most cases, they are mandatory, if the plaster was applied for a period of more than a month. For such a long period of human muscles time to atrophy, and it becomes difficult to perform their direct functions.
How to remove a cast at home?
The therapist puts a plaster on the retaining bandage. To remove it using one of two methods: the use of maceration or dry method. For removal of plaster the second method you need to use scissors or a sharp knife, and in some cases cutters. Scissors or a knife must make the incision in the direction upwards from the inner side of the plaster. When removing the plaster it is necessary to observe safety precautions. Cuts should be done gradually, slowly. In no case do not need to make cuts, keeping the knife sharp side to the body.
After complete cutting of gypsum comes the most unpleasant part — of its immediate removal. The plaster sticks to the hair on the limbs. It is necessary to tear off abruptly, as his gradual withdrawal will bring a lot more pain.
On the part of the body, which was covered with plaster, can be bruising. For the speedy recovery of damaged areas use special ointments which will allow the bruising to resolve faster.
To remove plaster, pre soak it is much easier. It needs a few minutes to hold in the warm water, after which it can easily succumb to cutting with scissors. In addition, the process of withdrawal will not be so painful.