As with the development of dermatitisand on the body of dogsand sores are formed, they need to be treated first. Take a solution of Boro and carefully lubricate all the sores. Should they dry and relieve pain. To buy such a solution you can at a regular pharmacy. The technology of drawing is quite simple: treat the wound two to three times a day until healing.
You can also use for the treatment of a tool such as boric acid. Because this substance acts as a natural antiseptic, kills bacteria and speeds up the healing process. Of an application with the use of boric acid use one to two times a day.
In order to alleviate symptoms of allergies in dogsand take care of the creation of conditions for the animal. As for a sick animal has the importance of clean fresh air, install a home purifier and humidifier. In addition, keep the room dust should be minimum, or not at all. Otherwise, all dust mites will exacerbate the suffering of your pet.
Let dogse drugs that stimulate the immune system. It can be various immunomodulators and other supporting tools. Best of all, if a prescription they will prescribe a professional veterinarian.
In some cases, used for the treatment of dermatitisand antihistamines. Their task is to remove itching and burning. However, according to specialists, the help of such tools from allergies only 15% of patients dogs.
Don't forget to also choose and specialized makeup for your animal. The shampoo should be soft with antifungal and antibacterial properties. All this is also aimed at reducing the sores and reduce itching in the skin of the animal.
Remember that dermatitis is not cured completely, so treat a sick animal and have to hold for life.
Advice 2 : How to treat itching in dogs
Some dog owners notice that beloved pet suddenly became excessively comb and lick the skin. Skin itching animal brings discomfort, and sometimes can lead to complications. The reasons for this behaviour: ranging from hair loss to serious fungal disease.
You will need
- natural food;
- - antiparasitic shampoo;
- is a special drug;
- - colloidal oatmeal;
- - anti-inflammatory gel.
First find out the cause of pruritus. If you care about your pet, contact the veterinary clinic, because only a specialist will be able to take the required tests and conduct a thorough inspection of the dog.
If the reason lies in the molt, you will have to revise the menu of the animal. To feed the pet needs only natural food that does not contain chemical and artificial ingredients.
In addition to the food you need daily brushing. To do this, get a special brush at the pet store. Please note that the combs can be different – it all depends on the length and type of coat.
If the itching triggered by hair loss, and something else, the vet will take a scraping for fungus. And if the diagnosis is confirmed, your pet will be assigned a complex treatment. This may include vaccination against ringworm, wash antiparasitic shampoos.
The cause of pruritus can be fleas or other parasites. In this case, the veterinarian will designate an animal a specific treatment, which will consist of treatment of the skin, washing antiparasitic agents. In some cases, the treatment should be monthly.
Itching can be caused by allergies. In this case, exclude from the diet dog all the allergenic products – chicken, and questionable feed. In the period of exacerbation let the dog lamb and rice, as these foods are not allergens.
If your dog combed the skin, wash it slightly in tepid water, as it has a calming effect. Add water, colloidal oatmeal, because it is an excellent tool for removing skin itching. Also you can lubricate the inflamed areas of the skin of the animal with a special gel, for example, with aloe. But before that, be sure to consult with a veterinarian.
Advice 3 : What to do if the puppy has an Allergy
Allergy in puppies occurs often enough, regardless of gender and breed of the animal. Allergies can be caused by the reaction of a puppy to any stimuli coming from the air, food or from contact with ticks and fleas. Signs of allergies in a puppy can be such factors as hair loss, redness of skin, itching, dandruff.
Why there is an Allergy in puppies
Questions about the benefits and dangers of vaccination systematically rise professionals engaged in the field of veterinary. The decision about whether to vaccinate a puppy, he accepts the owner. However, you should know that many drugs for vaccination may be the strongest allergens, so before you make a decision about vaccination, you should consult with an experienced specialist.
In addition to allergies to the vaccine, the puppy may develop an allergic reaction to foods, especially often the cause of allergies is the use of puppy foods with high protein content. Allergen can serve chicken meat that an animal can react quite badly. For this reason, you should carefully consider the choice of food for your pet. Some manufacturers produce feed for dogs prone to food allergies, which can be purchased in specialized stores.
First aid for allergic reaction in puppy
In case of Allergy the puppy should immediately be excluded from its diet dangerous products and to show the animal to the vet. If an Allergy attack occurs in an acute form, you should have a pet first aid. A sick animal should be injected "Suprastin" or "Diphenhydramine" or give antihistamine tablets.
If the puppy is in a serious condition, you need to put the animal in a convenient position and provide fresh air.
While allergies in dogs can begin vomiting, in this case, it is necessary to clear the jaws of the animal from vomit, otherwise the puppy can choke.
Upon the occurrence of anaphylactic shock should immediately call the vet, but before his arrival, if necessary, to make the puppy an injection "Immunofan and ascorbic acid.
In protracted nature of the disease, you can replace the plain water with a weak decoction of a succession. Puppies usually tolerate such changes in the diet. More strong decoction of succession it is necessary to make compresses and wraps in allergic rashes and itching.
In any case, at the first sign of allergies in a puppy, the animal should immediately be seen by a specialist, because a wrong treatment can cause irreparable harm to the body of the animal and even lead to death.