You will need
  • - visit to the registry office;
  • - passport;
  • - birth certificate;
  • - the divorce certificate;
  • - birth certificates of children;
  • - the money for the payment of a fee;
You have to visit the Department of records of acts of civil status (ZAGS) at the place of registration of birth or place of residence. There you will submit the application for changing the data in accordance with the prescribed form.
In the statement, specify your surname, name and patronymic, date of birth, place of residence, whether you are married at the moment. If you have children, list their names, surnames and patronymics. Also specify the details of acts of civil status having attitude and the nameyou have chosen.
The application shall attach the following documents: passport, birth certificate, divorce certificate, birth certificates of children, proof of the reason for the name change. If in the attached documents there are discrepancies, explain them in writing.
Pay the fee for change of name and replacement of each of the certificates, which will be amended. Usually at the registry office you can get a receipt for payment to the Bank, and in some departments there are terminals for payment of state fees.
Your application will be reviewed at the registry office, and within a month you will be informed about the decision. If you refuse to change your name, you may appeal the decision to the Office of the Registrar.
If the decision was positive, register the change of name within one month. If you do not, then the decision will be revoked and a further application can be submitted only after a year.
The passport will be stamped, indicating the need to replace it within a month.
Department the registry office where you will record the change of name, sends the data in those departments in which there are records of acts of civil status to be replaced. After making changes, the new acts will be sent to you by mail. Amendments in the certificate of birth, certificate of dissolution of marriage and birth certificates of children.