Sometimes in life there are situations when the change of name for one reason or another would be appropriate and desirable. Moreover, in order to change it, not necessarily to marry: Article 58 of the Federal law "On acts of civil status" (№143-FZ) allows persons under the age of fourteen, to change the surname, name and patronymic at will (with a certain justification).

Necessary to change the names of action

We must start with the statement to the Registrar, which shall include full details (name, date and place of birth, nationality, marital status, residence, data of children up to 18 years (if any), all the details of the records of the REGISTRAR made in respect of the applicant). Next you need to enter the name (name/first name) that you want to take, and to give the reasons to this desire. The statement ends with the date of preparation and signature. When applying to the Registrar must be attached to the birth certificate, marriage/divorce (if any), in the case of children – their birth certificates.

The order of consideration of the application at the registry office

The application shall be considered within one month. If you experience difficulties in obtaining the necessary documents, the period may be extended but not more than two months. In this period, the Registrar's office will receive copies of the documents that will be fixed in connection with a change of name (if documents are lost, you first need to restore them). Based on the obtained information, the user approves the change or reject it (in this case they are obliged to communicate the reason and return the documents). The refusal may be appealed in court.

Actions in case of positive decision

Approving the name change, the office of the Registrar makes an entry containing the original name, place and date of birth, nationality, place of residence, the new name and the details of the record about the act of birth of the applicant. Is entered here, number of the certificate on change of name. The very certificate is issued to the applicant. After that, changes are made to records of acts of civil status drawn up before the adoption of new names. Further (by the applicant) replacing the passport, military ID, TIN, SNILS, employment records and documents that recognize the rights of ownership to any property.

It should be noted that the Registrar's office no unified scheme for selecting a positive/negative decision in respect of such statements. But at the attempt of the applicant by name change to evade any responsibility, he is guaranteed failure.