You will need
  • - the certificate of aptitude;
  • document of completion of studies;
  • - photos size 3 x 4 cm;
  • - medical certificate.
State inspection on small size vessels (GIMS) is an analogue of the police, but is designed for owners of boats and small vessels. In order to obtain the right to manage the boat, you need to refer to the territorial division of your GIMS and pass a training course on the management of the small boat. In some cases you may be referred to the authorized Inspectorate of specialized educational institution for training. Upon completion of the course you will pass the exam on the basis of which a decision on granting you a permit in the management of the ship.
GIMS is part of the Ministry. So to find the address of your regional office you can easily on the official website of rescue. Also it needs to be specified in the address and phone books in your city.
The exam consists of two parts: theoretical and practical. If you successfully cope with the passage of the graduation test, you're given a document on your aptitude. Usually, this inspection takes about 10 days. It is this paper is the basis for issuing you permission to manage the small boat.
After receipt of the instrument of competency can apply for a driving licence on the boat. For this you will need certain documents, which includes the statement, a copy of the document confirming your training in the Navigator specialties, a medical certificate of fitness for the vessel, passport and two photographs size 3 x 4 cm
In ten days you will be given your boatmaster's licence. Now you can fully manage and own your small boat. The validity of such rights for 10 years. Don't forget to also check that you have on the permit stood a corresponding mark on your category. So, for example, must be specified the right to control what kind of water vehicle you have - a boat, a boat, jet ski, etc.
In addition, the rights must be marked permitted area of navigation. Mark "MP" means that you can leave on your ship in internal Maritime waters and the territorial sea of the Russian Federation, "GDP" allows access to the internal waterways of the Russian Federation, "VP" let you only inland waters that are not included in the list of internal waterways of the Russian Federation.
These rights, as well as all documents of title to your vessel, you should carry every time I go out into the waters. Because water, too, there are check inspectors for traffic.