Vegetables # 1 in the diet of nursing mothers
Vegetables are a vital source of energy as for mom and for baby. But because these foods should be consumed daily in fresh, steamed, boiled or stewed.
But do not forget about the individual characteristics of the human digestive system. Each vegetable is to carry out "Dating" gradually, starting with small amounts and bringing to a full serving.
Pumpkin is considered a champion among the vegetables on the content of vitamins and useful substances.
There is a list of vegetables that are the most safe for health and rich in vitamins. This includes:
- zucchini (has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract, contains vitamins C, A and fiber, boosts the immune system);
cauliflower, Beijing, broccoli (contains ascorbic acid, vitamins C, K, U, V, it also includes trace elements - potassium, phosphorus, and sulfur);
potatoes (contains amino acids, fructose, glucose, sucrose, cellulose, carotene and plenty of vitamins);
- carrot (contains carotene, vitamins E, D, B, C, minerals - calcium, iodine, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, manganese, and essential oils and minerals);
green and yellow bell pepper, which contains large amounts of vitamin C, provitamin a, vitamin e, and carotene, many microelements and mineral substances;
- pumpkin (rich in vitamins a, E, and very rare vitamin T, which is responsible for the acceleration of exchange processes, formation of platelets and blood svorachivanie);
- beets (the vegetable is No. 1 in clearing the organism that contains carbohydrates, magnesium, iron, vitamins a, C, E, pectin, iodine and other nutrients).
Important! All of the vegetables recommended to be consumed in season. At the time of discard of imported vegetables, and if you still dare, before eating, cut away the rind, in which the highest levels of nitrates and other chemicals.
In addition to vegetables, a nursing mom can eat: light soups (without the contents); fish (stewed, steamed, boiled); various greens (lettuce, dill, parsley, etc.); fruits (baked apples, peaches, bananas, watermelon, pear without skin).
When choosing beverages should also be extremely cautious. It is recommended to drink fresh juice of green Apple, birch juice, compote of dried fruits. Remember, however, that should be the measure.
Vegetables that are forbidden in the diet of nursing mothers
In addition to the list of allowed vegetables, there is a list of temporarily prohibited. It includes:
- vegetables in red (red apples, tomatoes, bell pepper);
- cabbage, cucumbers (increase gas formation in the intestine);
spicy vegetables (radish, horseradish, turnip, radishes, garlic);
- peas and beans (cause bloating and flatulence);
- salty and pickled vegetables;
- tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons.
Take care of yourself and your baby!