To enter BIOS setup (BIOS Setup Utility), it is necessary during one of the short stages start the download computer click on the keyboard a certain key. In most cases (but, unfortunately, not in all cases) name of the key indicated on the monitor screen at the exact moment when the entrance of the BIOS settings available. As a rule, at the bottom of the screen you will see a banner, for example: “Press DEL to enter setup”, “: BIOS Setup”.
- to enter the BIOS Setup Utility the Dell model 400, you must press F1 or F3;
models of Dell Dimension and Dell Optiplex – F2 key or Del;
models Dell Inspiron and Dell Precision –F2 key;
- model Dell Latitude – F2 key or simultaneously two keys Fn and F1.
If you press the listed keys did not lead to the desired result, you can also try the following options:
- simultaneously press Alt and Enter;
- simultaneously press the Alt and Ctrl;
- simultaneously press the Ctrl and Esc;
- press button twice restart the computer (Reset).
Advice 2 : How to open BIOS
After turning on the computer and complete the self-test should only have to repeatedly press the Del key, and here is a short menu of BIOS appeared on the screen, allowing you to view and change basic settings that affect the operation of a computer.
Sometimes, however, this simple operation does not lead to the expected result, and enter the BIOS fails. This can happen for several reasons.
- Before us is not a stationary computer and a laptop. In this case, key to enter BIOS may be different, for example F2, F10, Esc, or whatever else, depending on the imagination of the developer laptop. Fortunately, when you boot a laptop screen usually has a hint, what key it is possible to access the BIOS. If not, and the documentation for the laptop is also available — just try all listed keys are probably one of them will work.
- A desktop computer and open the BIOS by pressing Del does not work. Check which connector the connected keyboard. If it is the USB connector — connect the keyboard in the PS2 connector (use a different keyboard or find an adapter). It is likely that the BIOS simply does not support the USB keyboard. After clicking it, the next time you will be able to enter the BIOS without any additional tweaks, just by pressing Del on the USB keyboard.
- Another problem that could prevent access to the BIOS, it may be installed at the entrance of the BIOS password. If the password is set by you, it remains only to enter it and access BIOS received. If you do not remember your password, it is somewhat complicated. Possible to access the BIOS will reset the BIOS settings (including the password). For this it is necessary to close specifically designed for such operation the jumper on the motherboard. We strongly recommend you to do it without reading pre-documentation to the motherboard, changing a jumper is extremely dangerous. Naturally, all other settings the BIOS will also lose their status will return to set by the manufacturer at the factory.
Advice 3 : How to enter the bios of the computer
The BIOS is impossible from the Windows shell. The first thing you need to do to enter the BIOS is to restart the computer, or start its inclusion. Prior to booting the operating system while display various information about the hardware and the manufacturer of the PC, press DEL (Delete) located to the right of the main keyboard, above the keys in the form of arrows.
Usually during booting of the devices in one of the lines on a black background can be read "press delete for setup". At this time, and you need to press the DEL key. It is best to press this button several times in succession, so as not to lose a moment.
If done correctly – the screen goes blank for a few seconds, you will see a new system of lines, then starts the BIOS.
F1 (AMD, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Acer, Dell, Gateway, Toshiba);
F1 + Fn (Dell);
F2 (ALR Advanced Logic Research, Inc., Acer, Gateway, Sony VAIO);
F3 (Sony VAIO, Dell);
Ctrl+Alt+Ins followed by Ctrl+Alt+Del IBM PS/2).
Advice 4 : How to access BIOS on laptop
Advice 5 : How to get to bios on laptop
Advice 6 : How to go to BIOS on Acer laptop
Advice 7 : As for Acer to enter the BIOS
- Utility Phoenix.