You will need
  • - copy of high school diploma;
  • - recommendations from school Director and teachers;
  • - medical certificate.
In America there is a College (Junior college) and four-year. For admission in them you will need to take the TOEFL. After graduating from Junior college, you can go on a 3-year four-year College. Upon graduation you will be awarded the bachelor's degree.
In colleges there are day and evening classes. Full-time students study semesters. The first semester begins in late August and ends in December. The second lasts from January to April. Training at the evening Department is divided into trimesters. Breaks between them.
In the USA there are colleges established on religious or gender characteristics. They can only be for women, men, Catholics, etc.
If you decide to continue your education in one of American universities before sending documents to this or that school, investigate colleges, to see what there requirements for foreign applicants. After gathering all the necessary information, make your choice.
Almost all higher educational institutions in the USA classes start in August. For admission you need to prepare in advance (a year and a half). Having defined the universities, ask them to send catalogs and information booklets about the programs, living conditions, traditions, etc. With the necessary information you will be sent a questionnaire (application form) to be filled in. The questionnaire may consist of several questions that you will need to answer in short essays. Based on them, the admission Commission will draw conclusions on the extent of your education about how you are able to Express their thoughts and personal qualities. The questionnaire can also be filled directly on the website of the chosen College.
Filling out the form, register for the TOEFL or SAT (depending on the requirements of the College). The test results are also required for admission.
In the fall you will need to send the documents. You will need a copy of the certificate of secondary education, translated into English and notarized, recommendations from school Director and teacher of the core subjects, and a medical certificate.
Sending documents after a while make sure that they came in time. Responses from colleges should come in April-may. Having received positive answers, make your final choices.
In the summer you will need to speak with an Advisor (international advisor or assistant) who deals with issues of foreign students. He will tell you what should be your next course of action.
If you decide to transfer to a College from a Russian University, you will need to attach to the basic documents letters of recommendation from teachers and a statement from the gradebook with the grades in the courses taken. All documents must be translated into English and notarized.
To obtain a visa to the United States the main documents you will need to put the invitation out of College and proof of the funds required.