The right choice of raw materials, firewood, Housewares, barbecue facilities and a good marinade will help to make the kebabs juicy and tasty for real! Easy to understand tips, you will be able to cook a great meal for family and friends, even if you do it the first time.
- Excellent raw material – fresh pork uniform pink hue, which is a little bit fat (neck, loin, brisket). Meat for barbecue should be dry and a little shiny, not fresh, and chilled (not frozen!).
- Roasting meat, it is recommended to use dry firewood from birch, oak, Linden, fruit trees. Do not use softwood containing resins, boards and other lumber.
- So the barbecue was juicy and tasty, while the meat is fried from all sides, it is desirable to use a traditional charcoal grill and the skewers.
- Utensils made of aluminium or plastic, for marinating meat it will spoil the taste of the product and will continue to make unsafe substance, so use only glass, enameled or earthenware container.
- Make barbeque quickly on strong heat, so hot to warm up the skewers for 5-7 minutes. You can lubricate them with vegetable oil.
- Meat slice flat portions, each of which shall be equal to approximately two matchboxes, put one on the other. String the meat slices on skewers very tight between the two, you can get fat for juiciness.
- Hold the skewer over an even layer of hot coals at a distance of 10-15 cm, constantly turning the skewers, readiness to learn with the help of puncture with a knife. In the process of cooking, you can pour the barbecue beer, water with lemon juice, marinade. Before use, let it lay for about three to five minutes.
Marinades for barbecue
Marinating meat helps to make the kebabs juicy and delicious. Keep raw in the marinade, preferably before the day in the fridge! If time really is short, steep meat at least 2.5-3 hours.
Gourmets know that vinegar makes the meat more hard, spoil its appearance and taste. We can recommend several tested recipes in which this ingredient will replace other products.
1 kg of meat 200 ml of kefir. Mix meat servings with sliced rings of onions (200 g), garlic (50 g), to taste pepper and salt, pour the fermented milk product.
Beer and red wine vinegar
2.5 kg of meat will need 1 l of light beer. Put in a bowl layers of onion (4-5 heads) and meat pieces, pour salt and black pepper. Put 1-2 Bay leaves. Pour the raw mixture of beer, vinegar (a couple teaspoons) and olive oil (a couple tablespoons).
1 kg of meat 1 large lemon. Blanch it in boiling water for 3 minutes, lightly roll it on the table, pressing the palm of his hand, and squeeze all the juice out. Mix two chopped onions, minced dried Basil, marjoram and dill (to your taste), three Laurel leaves, a dozen fragrant peas and 1.5 teaspoons of salt. Drizzle the resulting marinade meat.
2 kg of meat is enough 4 full tablespoons of olive oil. Add a pinch of black pepper and paprika, 5 grams of salt a couple of teaspoons of dried Basil and cut into rings two large bulbs. All mix with the meat.
Mineral water with lemon
0.5 liter mineral water with gas, for example, "Borjomi", is enough for 1kg of meat. Cut 0,5 kg onion half-rings, remember until the juice, salt to taste and mix with the meat. Add also to taste, coriander, Bay leaf and small amount of cumin. Pour all the mineral water.
Tip: to cook especially soft skewers, salt the meat only before threading the pieces on the skewers.