If your house have a HOA, information about the timing of the overhaul must provide it. You need to contact the Chairman directly, or leave a written request. As a rule, to respond within 14 days. The answer comes in the mail or bring in person. Plus the HOA is that it is easier to secure Federal or regional programs for capital repairs of apartment buildings.
If the HOA is missing from your home, you must apply directly to the local administration. The role of the contractor in such a situation, performs the management company. She may not even know about the upcoming renovation, as it does not have the right to make such decisions. You need to know which Department deals with your housing Fund. Usually, you will be directed either to the utilities or to the Committee on municipal property management.
Send the request to the right Department. You can also do this orally or in writing. The second option deserves to be treated up to 30 calendar days. Carefully track recorded whether the Secretary of your treatment. Don't forget to get yourself a copy of the directed request. Also if you have any order or decision of the Supervisory authority that it is necessary to do a complete overhaul, attach it to the request.