A little about vitamin E
Every woman who becomes registered from the beginning prescribed to take vitamin E during pregnancy, dosage in this case is assigned individually by a gynecologist. It is very important to follow the doctor's recommendations, why you will learn later.
Today found that a daily intake of vitamin E should be limited to 20 mg. taking it during pregnancy is a completely different matter. During this period, you need to consider several factors:
- the overall health of a pregnant woman
- the weight and height
- the results of the tests.
Usually the dose of vitamin E in pregnancy is from 200 to 400 mg per day. While watching you gynecologist should explain how you should take this vitamin. The fact that you can drink it separately or in combination with other vitamins.
The name – vitamin E is actually called "tocopherol" – it becomes clear that for the body pregnant it is very important. After all, this word of Greek origin has the following meaning – "tokos" means "birth" and "ferro" – wear. And at home vitamin E also called "vitamin reproduction".
Vitamin E in foods
Rich in vitamin E is mainly fatty foods. For this reason, this trace mineral lacking in the body of those who abuse various diets, and it is for this reason during pregnancy to diet is contraindicated!
A lot of "healing" of the vitamin found in sunflower, olive, corn oils, but most of it in wheat germ oil. To use the above products better without heat treatment, for example, to refuel their salads.
In addition, vitamin E is in nuts, cereals, butter, milk, liver.
Effect of vitamin E on the body
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble component. He is directly involved in all processes of our body. Necessary for many pregnant women, because:
- prevents the effects of aggressive environmental factors on intracellular structures;
- protects cell membranes from oxidative damage that leads to aging and death;
- has healing properties that help the pregnancy proceed normally;
- affects the placenta, improving her work and helping her time to Mature;
- influences the formation and further functioning of the respiratory system of the fetus;
- minimizes the risk of miscarriage in the early stages;
- increases the production of prolactin – the hormone that is responsible for lactation after childbirth;
- restores menstrual cycle;
- helps with dysfunction of the ovaries;
- improves the overall condition of nails, skin and hair;
- prevents the occurrence of seizures in pregnant;
- stabilizes hormonal background of the organism;
- affects the occurrence of blood clots, its therapeutic action in this case is to maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, which prevents blood clots;
- most doctors believe that a lack of vitamin E causes sterility.
The harm of vitamin E
Many doctors now argue about the intake of vitamin E during pregnancy. Though it has many advantages, but too much of it leads to disastrous results.
So, an overabundance of vitamin E can affect the health of the unborn baby – can manifest deformity and other pathologies like cardiovascular diseases.
The peculiarity of this vitamin is to gather in fatty tissues - may also adversely affect pregnancy outcome. Because it increases muscle elasticity, which is unacceptable in recent periods, and because during this period the reception of the trace should stop.
All the information about vitamin E in pregnancy instructions for medication will cover in more detail. But do not forget that the dose of vitamin prescribed by a doctor, and therefore should not strictly adhere to the dosage listed there.