Mechanical rust removal
The first step in the painting rusty metal is its purification from rust. This process can take quite a lot of time, but without it, the paint quality is very low. To remove rust you can use metal brush. This tool can be used either manually or find a special attachment for the drill.
Clean with a brush, the surface should be carefully smoothed with a grinder machine. If your goal is to clear a large surface of metal, perhaps the best option would be to use sanding. This device will help get rid of the rust pretty quickly, without spending much effort. In addition, this machine will help you deal with the rust in hard to reach places where manual removal will be impossible.
Chemical rust removal
To remove rust you can also use special chemicals that simply dissolve. By such means, first and foremost, strong alkalis and acids. If you decide to use this method, be extremely careful when working with chemical reagents.
Rust can not be removed, and turn it into a solid film by means of chemical transmitters. Such converters can be purchased in the form of an emulsion or suspension. However, such tools have their drawbacks, for example, they add a tint to the paint, which is covered with metal, furthermore, the metal layer due to the use of these funds becomes slightly thicker.
The next stage of metal preparation is the cleaning of dirt and remove fat from the surface. Without these procedures, the painting will also be of poor quality. Wipe the surface of the metal using a strong detergent. Such funds are often made based on citrus oils that are very effective at cleaning the rusty surfaces. After such treatment the metal may appear rusty spots. To get rid of them the usual solvent, moisten it a piece of material.
The cleaned surface should be thoroughly coated with an inhibiting primer, containing in its composition iron oxide, or chromate of zinc. Apply this tool by following the instructions for its use. Try not to use the spray primer may not fill the entire porous surface of the metal.
Apply on the surface of the metal 2 layer of paint, it can be both matte and glossy. For applying the paint use brush or roller. These tools will provide maximum contact with the surface, unpainted areas will not remain.
Advice 2 : Paint over the rust is a simple solution to a complex problem
Clean the rust from large surfaces long, dirty and troublesome. To do this kind of work doesn't want to. Well, there are a lot of paints and enamels by rust, they considerably facilitate the process of painting an old metal surface.
Why paint over the rust, you can work faster
If you do everything by the rules, painting the old "blooming" rust garage may take a very long time. A complex web of pipes, too hard to clean away the flakes of rust. The work is long and dirty.
Normal paint doesn't fall on the rusty areas and very quickly falls off, if you still manage somehow to fix it. The composition of the anticorrosive enamel for metal, includes special ingredients that penetrate inside of the metal through minute pores and stop the destruction.
Before applying paint over the rust is not necessary to strip the old surface to bare metal, enough to obmaknut flakes of old coating that are ready to fall off.
What are the paint on the rust
1. "Ravoet universal - enamel primer, designed for interior and exterior use. This paint is used to protect metal structures from corrosion in adverse conditions, conducive to rust. Also Ravoet universal stops corrosion of alloys, strengthening the surface of concrete and even wood. The paint can be applied to those designs that are operated under the temperature from - 60 to + 100C.
2. In the trade row Hammerite there are a lot of different paints over the rust. Hammer enamel Hammered with silicone additives restores the resistance of the metal surface to adverse weather conditions. Suitable for processing ferrous and non-ferrous metals, concrete, plastic, wood. Anti rust effect lasts 8 years.
3. "Keramet" - quick-drying antirust paint alkyd resins and polymer additives in the composition. It can also be applied directly to rusted surfaces without pre-treatment.
4. The ground-enamel on a rust from Novbytchim" is used for painting and protect surfaces, partially or completely corroded. This tool 3 in 1 rust Converter, the decorative covering enamel and anti-corrosion primer.
5. The ground-enamel on a rust alkyd TICIANA used inside and outside the premises. This tool is good for boosting touched by blasting the surface and create corrosion resistant coating. TICIANA prevents further spread of rust under the paint layer.
6. Enamel Poli-Hammer on rust in addition to all these advantages of other materials has excellent decorative qualities. Old rusty metal surface treatment Poli-Hammer becomes similar in appearance to the noble antique.
Advice 3 : What kind of paint over the rust better
To protect metal from external influences use a special paint. The fact that they are able to prevent the development of corrosion, does not mean the possibility of drawing on the surface with traces of rust. For such paints have their own rules work.
What are the paint on the rust?
Before applying any of the above means, the metal surface should be cleaned from rust, dust and dirt, degrease. The easiest way to do this with the help of special tools, caustic laugh. The most popular and effective – enamel-grunt "Ravoet-Universal. This part will simultaneously clean and apply a Prime coating metal. Among this series are the compounds staining the surface. Thus, in order to obtain a rich color is enough to apply a second coat of Raveed".
What kind of paint over the rust better?
A lot of positive reviews from owners of garages, metal fences, boats about paint on rust Hammerite. It belongs to the category of fast drying (2 hours), but for high-quality coating requires the application of at least two layers. This composition is recommended for use only in warm, wet weather.
If there is no time or the desire to engage in pre-treatment of metal, you can use the paint Neramit". It is made on the basis of alkyd resins, fast-drying, rust corrodes. But keep in mind that when applying this paint on untreated surface coating layer is sometimes a relief. On the prepared and primed metal, the paint will lay down smoother that will provide the product an attractive appearance.
If you need a cheap paint over the rust, you can buy "iron Minimum". This product has excellent covering ability. It can be used in case if you need to quickly bring a garage, a fence or anything else in proper form. "Iron minimum" fits well and due to the thick layer of coating effectively masks any flaws. But you need to know that in the fight against corrosion, it is less effective than the above-mentioned tools. However, over a long period of time will keep the one that was obtained after staining.
One of the most expensive and high-quality tools in the fight against rust, paint Alpina Direct auf Rost). It belongs to the category of priming enamels and was specifically designed for the treatment of rusted metal. This paint is different in that it has no lead that is present in many other compounds. It is almost odorless, durable, has good covering ability. Before its application, the metal is sufficient to clean only dirt and dust.