Mechanical rust removal
The first step in the painting rusty metal is its purification from rust. This process can take quite a lot of time, but without it, the paint quality is very low. To remove rust you can use metal brush. This tool can be used either manually or find a special attachment for the drill.
Clean with a brush, the surface should be carefully smoothed with a grinder machine. If your goal is to clear a large surface of metal, perhaps the best option would be to use sanding. This device will help get rid of the rust pretty quickly, without spending much effort. In addition, this machine will help you deal with the rust in hard to reach places where manual removal will be impossible.
Chemical rust removal
To remove rust you can also use special chemicals that simply dissolve. By such means, first and foremost, strong alkalis and acids. If you decide to use this method, be extremely careful when working with chemical reagents.
Rust can not be removed, and turn it into a solid film by means of chemical transmitters. Such converters can be purchased in the form of an emulsion or suspension. However, such tools have their drawbacks, for example, they add a tint to the paint, which is covered with metal, furthermore, the metal layer due to the use of these funds becomes slightly thicker.
The next stage of metal preparation is the cleaning of dirt and remove fat from the surface. Without these procedures, the painting will also be of poor quality. Wipe the surface of the metal using a strong detergent. Such funds are often made based on citrus oils that are very effective at cleaning the rusty surfaces. After such treatment the metal may appear rusty spots. To get rid of them the usual solvent, moisten it a piece of material.
The cleaned surface should be thoroughly coated with an inhibiting primer, containing in its composition iron oxide, or chromate of zinc. Apply this tool by following the instructions for its use. Try not to use the spray primer may not fill the entire porous surface of the metal.
Apply on the surface of the metal 2 layer of paint, it can be both matte and glossy. For applying the paint use brush or roller. These tools will provide maximum contact with the surface, unpainted areas will not remain.
Advice 2 : Paint over the rust is a simple solution to a complex problem
Clean the rust from large surfaces long, dirty and troublesome. To do this kind of work doesn't want to. Well, there are a lot of paints and enamels by rust, they considerably facilitate the process of painting an old metal surface.
Why paint over the rust, you can work faster
If you do everything by the rules, painting the old "blooming" rust garage may take a very long time. A complex web of pipes, too hard to clean away the flakes of rust. The work is long and dirty.
Normal paint doesn't fall on the rusty areas and very quickly falls off, if you still manage somehow to fix it. The composition of the anticorrosive enamel for metal, includes special ingredients that penetrate inside of the metal through minute pores and stop the destruction.
Before applying paint over the rust is not necessary to strip the old surface to bare metal, enough to obmaknut flakes of old coating that are ready to fall off.
What are the paint on the rust
1. "Ravoet universal - enamel primer, designed for interior and exterior use. This paint is used to protect metal structures from corrosion in adverse conditions, conducive to rust. Also Ravoet universal stops corrosion of alloys, strengthening the surface of concrete and even wood. The paint can be applied to those designs that are operated under the temperature from - 60 to + 100C.
2. In the trade row Hammerite there are a lot of different paints over the rust. Hammer enamel Hammered with silicone additives restores the resistance of the metal surface to adverse weather conditions. Suitable for processing ferrous and non-ferrous metals, concrete, plastic, wood. Anti rust effect lasts 8 years.
3. "Keramet" - quick-drying antirust paint alkyd resins and polymer additives in the composition. It can also be applied directly to rusted surfaces without pre-treatment.
4. The ground-enamel on a rust from Novbytchim" is used for painting and protect surfaces, partially or completely corroded. This tool 3 in 1 rust Converter, the decorative covering enamel and anti-corrosion primer.
5. The ground-enamel on a rust alkyd TICIANA used inside and outside the premises. This tool is good for boosting touched by blasting the surface and create corrosion resistant coating. TICIANA prevents further spread of rust under the paint layer.
6. Enamel Poli-Hammer on rust in addition to all these advantages of other materials has excellent decorative qualities. Old rusty metal surface treatment Poli-Hammer becomes similar in appearance to the noble antique.