How to specify the deficiencies of the thesis
If the author could have and obviously did a good job on the project, when completing the item concerning the defects, it is necessary to specify that they are unimportant. For example, you can use the phrase "Significant deficiencies in this thesis work have been identified".
In the end, you should also write that, according to the reviewer's opinion, these shortcomings are not important, do not affect the quality of the work, and therefore should not affect the assessment that will be given to the author.
If the diploma is written is not too good, will have to specify this at the beginning of the section about the faults. You can write that in the process of studying the work revealed several important shortcomings and even mistakes.
What are the disadvantages of the thesis can be listed
Often reviewers are faced with the need to describe the disadvantages without sacrificing the Commission's view the diploma as a whole. The easiest and most convenient way to do this is to find 1-2 small, quite insignificant flaw, and then to specify them.
In some cases, the defect can be half the value for example, in a review of the diploma of a large volume can be specified as a lack excess of theoretical information.
If it is not meaningful for a specific job and the specific specialty, you can draw the Commission's attention to the lack of applications or graphic materials on a small number of sources used. Often the emphasis is on the fact that the author has studied enough foreign or modern books on their chosen theme.
It is possible to tell on a small number of useful illustrations that the style of presentation is not well designed in some chapters, as well as the presence of a few punctuation and syntax errors are typos. If the thesis were admitted minor flaws, does not require correction, can be said about them.
In any case, it is important to remember that if you do not want to spoil the good impression which will make thesis on Commission, you only have to select 1-2 disadvantage, not to list everything.
Finally, you can make comments which the author of the thesis will be able to directly refute the defense, adding to their work orally. An example of such a drawback may be the insufficient study of foreign or, on the contrary, domestic experience of the decision covered in the problems.
Advice 2: How to write a review for diploma
Senior year for a student is the most difficult. State examinations, disturbing sleep at night, pre-practice and indeed the thesis defense, which everyone is afraid. In addition to the diploma of protection the Commission must lay a review on diploma work. But how to write it correctly?
What is the review
The review is a document that contains the assessment of the work, without which it is impossible to be admitted to protection. Usually the reviewers are the heads of companies and enterprises, where the student completed an internship. Also reviewers can be University lecturers, preferably having a degree of candidate or doctor of science who specialize on the subject of the diploma. The main condition is that the reviewer does not have to work in one Department with the supervisor of the student. Most often students have to write the review himself, and then come out to the reviewers with a finished document just signed.
Structure of the review
First, is to specify General provisions on the correct spelling of the reviews – it is not necessary to use a common phrase: "this work is good" "student has proved himself a good specialist, etc. most Importantly, remember: this paper should help create a favorable impression on the Commission.
1. Relevance (novelty). This is the first paragraph of the review. It should indicate whether the topic is relevant now and what makes it so interesting and useful.
2. General characteristics. Next you need to outline the General features of the study was to examine the structure, i.e., briefly review the Chapter and relate them with the objectives specified in the introduction; to perform the work purpose.
3. The dignity of work. If a student writes a review himself, at this point it is important not to overdo it. You can specify what this work differs from the previous one. If there is a practical part, you need to describe what results were achieved and how they can help in practice. To complement this item yet, you can briefly repeat here the key provisions of relevance (only if it's confirmed).
4. The perks of the job. This item is most unpleasant, but at the same time, a review is impossible without it. A student writing a review yourself, you can specify the minor flaws, because he knows my job better than others and can overshadow what really did not happen. More often in this paragraph are specified inaccuracies in the design or excess/lack of apps etc.
5. Assessment. In the end the reviewer has to rate, which he believes deserved to graduate. Not to miscalculate, it is customary to put on the points above – if such an assessment is unfair, the Commission members will point it out.
The diploma is a difficult thing. No need to postpone his writing on the last day. But a review of the day to write it.