To obtain the tax paid is quite simple. First we need to arrange the transaction in registration service where you will be given a document confirming the right of ownership of the purchased housing, as well as the contract of purchase and sale with a mark about registration. As soon as you will be able to use these documents, you can contact the tax office.
In the tax office you will require a certificate 2-NDFL for the previous year, which will see the amount paid to the budget of income tax. In addition, you will have to fill in a tax return. It must be done before April 1 of the year following the year of purchase of housing.
To get a property deduction you can also, if you have purchased an apartment in the mortgage. In this case, you have the right to not only 13 percent of the cost of purchased housing, but 13 percent of the amount of interest paid. The maximum amount of reimbursement per legislation not specified. But to get a tax deduction of the purchase price over 260 thousand rubles (13% of 2 million.) you can't. Ie if you bought an apartment worth 3 million rubles, to return you will only be able to 260 thousand.
To bring back the tax paid from the amount transferred to the Bank interest, it is necessary to get information on monthly loan payments by paying principal and interest. The amount must be indicated in rubles.
If you acquired property in equity property, as spouses in marriage, the right to receive property deduction has each owner. If you purchased a house in the share property of parents and minor children, the right to receive a property deduction on the child have parents.
You should know that it is impossible to return 13% of the cost of housing the entire amount. You will not be able to get more than I paid in the budget in the reporting year. In subsequent periods, you will be able to get the rest of the tax deduction until it completely will not return. Therefore, the necessary documents you have to collect each year.