You will need
  • - tax Declaration 3-NDFL;
  • - income statement 2-pit;
  • - passport and copy;
  • - certificate of tax and copy;
  • - documents of the right of ownership of the apartment;
  • - payment documents;
  • - the statement;
  • - passbook.
Remember that reimburse income tax paid in the last three years. I.e. before 30 September 2012 you can apply for tax deductions in 2009, 2010 and 2011. If the apartment was purchased in a mortgage, you also every year to return 13% of the amount of interest paid by the Bank. The tax deduction is in the tax inspection at the place of residence or at work.
Complete the tax Declaration 3-NDFL independently or using the services of firms, spetsializiruyuschihsya on it. Will receive from the employer 2-NDFL statement of income for the past period. Keep in mind that returned 13% taken from the amount of tax you paid. For example, if the official salary of 100 thousand rubles, the amount paid by you for income tax, the highest possible return is 13*12 = 156 thousand rubles. With a small official salary, the tax refund may take many years.
Make copies of the documents confirming the purchase of the apartment: purchase agreement, property deeds, Bank statements, cheques or other securities confirming the payment. Don't forget to bring in the tax original documents, so they can assure them on the spot. You will also need a passport, the INN certificate and their copies.
Tax refund on mortgage payments (excluding the loan) you will need: a mortgage contract with the Bank, certificate from the Bank about paid for the year percentage, repayment schedule, statement confirming payment of the loan. Remember that the maximum amount of return paid to the Bank interest, i.e. 13% from the whole amount you've spent.
Write the application on granting a property tax deduction and turn prepared a set of documents. The tax inspector is obliged to consider your application for 3 months, after which you will receive in the mail a notice of decision on your question. In case of positive result, you will need to write in the tax office a statement indicating the details of transfer of funds. Within 30 days is a listing of tax paid on your account.
To obtain a deduction at the place of work you need to get the tax office a notice to the employer on the basis of which you will return already paid in the current year tax and will not withhold it from your wages before year end. This notification is valid for one year, so ask for him in taxation will have annually.