Advice 2: How to disable proxy server
The principle of operation of a proxy server as follows: the client connects to the service and sends a request to a resource (e.g., email) that resides on a different server. Proxy server allows you to connect to your server and get the specified resource. If necessary, the request sent by the client can be changed by proxy server with a particular purpose. Another important function performed by the proxy server protecting the client computer against network attacks, and maintaining his anonymity. If the client no longer needs such services can simply disable proxy server and to use network settings provided by his ISP.
- If you want to disable proxy server, you can do it yourself. To do this, perform a simple sequence of actions.
- If you use browser Internet Explorer 4, go to the menu "View" and choose button "Internet options". Then choose the button "Connect" in the dialog box, remove the check box "Use proxy server".
- If you use Internet Explorer 5 or Internet Explorer 6, go to the tools menu and there select the "Internet options". In the list that appears, select "Connection" and then "LAN settings" and uncheck the box "Use proxy server".
- If you use a network connection Mozilla Firefox, go to menu "Tools" and select the "Settings" button. In the list that appears, select the "global" group, and then click "connection Settings". In the opened window, select "Direct Internet connection".
- Users who prefer to use Opera browser 8, can produce disabling proxy server using the menu "Tools". To do this, select in the menu under "Settings" and then under "Advanced". Next click on "Network", select "Proxies" and uncheck all the check boxes.