It is most convenient to freeze corn on the cob. You can, of course, to prepare and grain, but overall the corn will look more appetizing and it would then be much less work.
How to freeze corn?
- First, cleanse the corn from the leaves and other vegetation.
- Then put the cobs in the pot, fill with water, allow to boil.
- After that, the corn is cooked for five minutes. Longer to cook no need.
- While the corn is cooked, it is necessary to prepare a large container of cold water. Better if the water will be ice cold. You can use ice.
- When will the five minutes after the boil, you must immediately put the cobs in cold water for instant cooling. We do this in order to preserve as many nutrients. After this procedure, the corn remains juicy and soft after thawing.
- Allow cobs to cool for some time. Then dried, Packed in bags and put in the freezer.
How to cook frozen corn?
- The fastest way to unfreeze happens in a microwave oven, wrap ears damp paper towel. You can do without the microwave, but it will take more time.
- Put the corn in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, diminish the fire and leave to cook at least forty minutes. Then check the readiness. When corn is cooked, take out from pan and add salt to taste.
Corn ready to eat!