Frozen strawberries: how to pick berries
To freeze strawberries, it is important to carefully choose the berries. Otherwise, when you defrost you will get a cloudy jelly with unappealing taste and color, not Zelenka beautiful and delicious berries. You should not choose to freeze perespevshey strawberries. It should be moderately ripe, dense and firm, not withered and watery.
For harvesting strawberries in winter to collect berries in hot and definitely not raining. It is desirable that a couple of days before the collection was not rain, then the berries will be more delicious. Better to give preference to small strawberries - it is well promarijuana.
Frozen strawberries: preparation of berries
There is a perception that strawberries before freezing wash. The supporters of this idea believe that the washed strawberries lose their flavor. If you believe in the purity of the berries can be frozen unwashed. So you can do with homemade berry. However, many doctors believe that washing strawberries - elementary hygiene. It's important to do it as fast as possible so the berries are not engorged with water.
Rinse the strawberries in small portions, but the water it does not regret. It should be cool. Wash the berries gently, not to damage their delicate skin.
Washed strawberries preferably placed in a sieve made of plastic. In it, the faster water will drain from the berries. Do not place the berries in a metal cookware in contact with her strawberries can change color - slightly darker.
Drain and carefully remove the stalk. If you are planning to freeze berries whole, should not be deleted. Without them, strawberries will immediately release the juice and lose shape.
Lay the berries on a paper towel in a single layer so that they do not touch each other. In this position, they must spend at least one hour. During this time the berries will well dry out.
Freezing berries: preparation of dishes
To freeze strawberries it is best in plastic dishes: trays for ice cream, disposable containers, you can even use plastic bottles. The latter should be pre-cut.
Strawberries do not tolerate re-freezing, so it is better to divide it into small portions that will definitely be able to master at one time. Utensils for freezing should be well washed and dried.
You can use plastic bags, but plastic in the cold it becomes very brittle and may break during storage.
Freezing whole strawberries
Wrap a plastic bag cutting Board or soroku plate. Place one layer of washed and dried berries on the whole plane. Place them in the freezer and leave for a day to strawberry grabbed.
Remove the berries from the freezer, remove them with the package so that the strawberries were inside. Place the packets of berries in the freezer now for long-term storage. This method is good because the berries in these portion packs do not stick together and do not spoil its shape.
How to freeze strawberries with sugar
Berries with sugar will give a bit of juice in the freezing process, but after thawing they will remain the same as prior to placement in the freezer - bright and fresh.
Take 1 kg of strawberries, about 300g of sugar. It is advisable to transform it into powder by using a grinder or a blender. Place the prepared berries in a plastic basin and pour each layer with powdered sugar. Put the strawberries in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. The berries should let the juice. Then transfer them together with the undissolved sugar into the container and pour the juice.
Advice 2: How to freeze corn for the winter
It is most convenient to freeze corn on the cob. You can, of course, to prepare and grain, but overall the corn will look more appetizing and it would then be much less work.
How to freeze corn?
- First, cleanse the corn from the leaves and other vegetation.
- Then put the cobs in the pot, fill with water, allow to boil.
- After that, the corn is cooked for five minutes. Longer to cook no need.
- While the corn is cooked, it is necessary to prepare a large container of cold water. Better if the water will be ice cold. You can use ice.
- When will the five minutes after the boil, you must immediately put the cobs in cold water for instant cooling. We do this in order to preserve as many nutrients. After this procedure, the corn remains juicy and soft after thawing.
- Allow cobs to cool for some time. Then dried, Packed in bags and put in the freezer.
How to cook frozen corn?
- The fastest way to unfreeze happens in a microwave oven, wrap ears damp paper towel. You can do without the microwave, but it will take more time.
- Put the corn in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, diminish the fire and leave to cook at least forty minutes. Then check the readiness. When corn is cooked, take out from pan and add salt to taste.
Corn ready to eat!