The main groups of drugs for the treatment of VSD
The drugs that are prescribed for vegetative-vascular dystonia, are divided into several groups: sedatives, drugs affecting the cardiovascular system, the means influencing the Central nervous system.
To sedative drugs, which are prescribed for the treatment of VSD include:
- preparations of hawthorn and Valerian ("Gerbion", "Novo-Passit", "Persen", "Hardiplank"),
- drugs containing barbiturates (Corvalol" "Valocordin"),
- preparations with extracts of rosemary, peony, Astragalus, Baikal skullcap,
- compounds containing bromides ("Sodium bromide", "Bromocamphor").
To means that affect cardiovascular system include: antiarrhythmic ("Asparkam", "Panangin"), antihypertensives (beta-blockers, simpatolitiki), preparty, promoting brain circulation ("Vinpocetine").
Drugs affecting the Central nervous system:
- antidepressants ("Azafen", "Amitriptyline"),
- tranquilizers ("Grandaxinum", "Seduksen"),
- nootropics ("Piracetam"),
- antipsychotics (Sonapaks", "Melleril"),
- hypnotics ("Sonnet", "Doxylamine"),
- stimulants (caffeine).
Other medicines for the treatment of VSD
The patient is also prescribed vitamins (b, A, E), calcium (Glycerophosphate calcium," "calcium Gluconate"), antioxidants (Mexidol", succinic acid), adaptogens (extracts of schisandra, Eleutherococcus, ginseng), diuretics (Diacarb", "Lasix", preparations of bearberry, nettle, blueberries, parsley, juniper). To improve the processes of memorization and to reduce the excitability of the nervous system need to take "Glycine". This drug contains amino acid that improves metabolism in the brain, resulting in reduced asthenic-neurotic symptom of dystonia. Effectively and the use of nootropics that have a sedative effect.
As a General stimulating means at VSD it is possible to apply preparations of kelp, fennel, thyme, dandelion, nettle, centaury. Homeopathic remedies for the treatment of VSD is the "Pompano", "Cardio-Grand", "Neuronal", "Cralonin". These medications have a sedative, vasodilating and antispasmodic effect. If VSD is often a headache, weakness, dizziness and other neurological disorders, we recommend taking vasodilators - myotropic antispasmodics. An increase in intracranial pressure need to take diuretics (diuretics) in combination with potassium supplements.