What does "birch"
- Because of the inverted position of the body there is a powerful inflow of blood to the brain, it is saturated with oxygen.
- The stimulation of the thyroid gland, which normalizes the activity of the hormones and strengthens the immune system.
- Normal pressure in the pelvic area, which relieves the suffering with hemorrhoids.
- Posture helps you focus, to reduce stress, to find harmony of body and soul.
There is also the belief that Sarvangasana is especially beneficial for women who dream about the baby. Allegedly adopted immediately after copulation, the position of the birch promotes conception. However, this fact is not proven.
How to perform Sarvangasana
Before performing Sarvagasana, you need to prepare the muscles to warm them. For this before execution, you can do some exercises. If asana is performed in combination with other yoga poses, it must be done at the end of classes.
Those who perform this exercise recently, you should take care to reduce discomfort in the neck. It is better to perform the asana on a special yoga Mat or on a thick blanket to minimize any possible pain.
The full title of this position sounds like "Salamba Sarvangasana 1"
1. Lie on your back.
2. Bend your knees and pull them towards your chest.
3. Lift your pelvis, supporting the body behind hands and bent at the elbows. The knees can touch the forehead.
4. Slowly, without jerks to straighten the legs.
5. To ensure that the legs are perpendicular to the floor, to try to submit a basin forward. Hand help to hold your body in the correct position. The main burden should fall on the shoulders and not on the cervical spine.
6. To be in this posture, until feel uncomfortable. Ideally, you can make up to 10 breaths and start out.
7. To exit the asana, you first need to bend the legs, then lower the pelvis, and then straighten the legs in the supine position.
Asana is performed in a slow tempo, breathing smooth.
There are more sophisticated options vyplneni Sarvangasana:
- Salamba Sarvangasana 2 – hands removed from the back and stretched parallel to the floor (you can twist the fingers to the castle);
- niralamba Sarvangasana 1 – straight arms is transferred to the position of the head;
- niralamba Sarvangasana 2 – hands placed along your legs.
If you wish, you can learn these asanas. Better to do it in the order in which they are listed, consistently moving from easier poses to the most complex.
One should not practice this asana people with high blood pressure as well as those who have suffered injuries of the cervical spine.