The full name of the Pokrovsky monastery in Moscow – Pokrovsky Stavropigialny women's monastery. It was founded by Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich in 1635, called Bozhedomskoe and existed at first as a monastery. In subsequent years it was repeatedly rebuilt. In the 1920-ies the monastery was closed, the bell tower was blown up, part of the monastery grounds was a Park. In 1994 the monastery was returned to the Church.
Every day the walls of the Pokrovsky monastery the queue. The faithful go to venerate the relics of Matrona of Moscow, to ask for Holy help and healing.
Matrona Dimitrievna Nikonova, born in 1885 in a peasant family. From birth she was blind but had the gift of foresight and the ability to heal people. Most of the life she lived in Moscow, where he died in 1952. Her tomb on the Danilovsky cemetery became a place of pilgrimage. In 1998 took place the transfer of the relics in the convent of the intercession. Soon Matrona of Moscow was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
To get to the Pokrovsky monastery, take the metro. Get off at the station Marxist. It's on the yellow Kalininskaya line. Once on the street Taganskaya, will have to walk 10-12 minutes, until red brick walls of the monastery. At the entrance to the Church, where the relics of Matrona of Moscow, usually there is a queue.
If it is difficult to walk, you can go by trolleybus (№№16, 26, 63) or by bus " No. 51, 74). Get off at the stop "Bolshaya andronevskaya street". Pokrovsky monastery is very close.