A very common problem at the moment is the congestion of the nose, there are many reasons for its occurrence:
- infectious diseases of the respiratory tract, in which there is swelling of the nasal mucosa and larynx;
- chronic sinusitis;
- allergic reactions to dust, chemicals, pollen, fungus, etc., food allergies;
- swelling of the mucous membrane in pregnant women;
- hormonal nature and taking medications that reduce the amount of estrogen;
- deformation or curvature of the nasal septum;
- tumors and foreign bodies in the sinuses and many more.
There are many ways and recipes to treat this problem:
- Long blocked nose, apply aloe and Kalanchoe. These medicinal plants are very effective in the treatment of the patient's nose. You can squeeze the juice of the plant, dilute it with boiled water and instilled into the nose 2-3 times a day for the treatment period. This tool quickly reduces swelling and relieves discomfort.
- A very effective medicinal plant is also a Golden mustache. With it you can do tincture on water and on alcohol, and then instilled into the nose. You can just squeeze the juice of the plant and, slightly diluted with boiled water, drip into the nostrils. Among other ways, you can make a decoction of the Golden mustache for rinsing the sinuses.
- A very effective treatment for nasal congestion are the essential oils you can apply them separately and mix them, dilute with olive or vegetable oil. In the mixture put the cotton swab and lubricate the nose. You will start to sneeze profusely, it may start cold, but after a short period of time you will feel relieved, and the swelling of nose will be held. But there is one drawback in the treatment of oils, this method is very effective, but if you have allergies, you need to very carefully approach the process of selection of oils to avoid allergic reaction to a particular essential oil!
- You can also use a tincture of Valerian is to make treatment of edema of the nose more effectively. To do this, a tablespoon of crushed Valerian root should be mixed with half Cup of vegetable or olive oil, then infuse the mixture in a cool dark place for about a week, strain. You can then bury the resulting mixture 1-2 drops of the night.
- In addition, you can heat up the sinuses with heated salt wrapped in thick cloth, boiled potatoes or boiled eggs.
- You can wash the nose with cool water and sea salt. This method rapidly relieves the symptoms and makes breathing easier.
- Also recommend to massage the septum and sinuses, making a circular motion.
- And, of course, the application of the classical medicine – vasoconstrictor drops. But be careful to treat nasal congestion so sometimes it's not harmless, it may be addictive. And this dependence will only bring you discomfort.
Advice 2: How to treat swelling of the nasal mucosa
- - antihistamines;
- - drops or sprays;
- - sea salt;
- - decoction of chamomile;
- - essential oils.
Advice 3: Which essential oils treat the fungus
In order not to fall "into the hands of" the enemy should be prevented, namely, to the standard rules of personal hygiene, procedures for preventing excessive sweating, wearing only comfortable shoes, thorough drying of skin after bathing, obligatory boiling of socks and stockings in the washing, and then rinsing them in solutions of essential oils. Also required compulsory Ironing of linen with the iron after drying. For prevention also apply antifungal ointment.
Ways of dealing with fungal diseases
However, if the person is still infected by the fungus have to resort to the course of treatment, which can consist of medication impact on disputes, use of folk remedies among which a special place is occupied by essential oils, successfully coping with different types of parasites.
It is useful to use patchouli oil, eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender and other plants.
Japanese and American experts have confirmed the positive effect of essential oils on some fungi species. In the end, it was discovered that the oil of cloves, pine and sage actively oppose fifteen species of fungi.
Slightly less degree of impact differs in yellow camphor and neroli that there are only twelve members of this parasite.
The most effective drugs that can destroy the fungus spores
Using the results of research of foreign colleagues, Russian scientists have created a number of compositions of essential oils for people who suffer from fungal lesions of the mucous membranes and skin.
Among them, the composition of the essential oils of lemon, lavender, anise, tea tree oil. This means well you can resist the fungus, and the amazing nails of a person.
To combat such a nuisance, like a fungus, is used in almost all mixtures or alone live from tea tree.
Is the oil only from the adult leaves of tea tree, which contain valuable anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antifungal substance.
The main components of the oil are considered to be substances: alpha phellandrene, beta pinene and Sabine, which actively help to fight the body with various diseases, including fungal.
Advice 4: How to treat sinus congestion in ears
Which leads to congestion in the ears?
Congestion in the ears is a hearing impaired, mute your voice, ambient sounds, and pain in the head. As a rule, the reason for this phenomenon is the difference between the level of air pressure in the middle ear and atmospheric pressure.
The most common reasons for which your ears are:
inflammation of the Eustachian tube;
- the acute form of otitis media;
- the formation of cerumen in the ear;
- foreign body;
- pathology of the nasal septum;
- long-term use of certain drugs;
- swelling of the ear canal.
Swelling occurs during deep dives, at the takeoff or landing of the aircraft.
Ways to eliminate congestion in the ears
Congestion diagnose an audiologist during a patient examination and conduct basic tests: audiogram and tympanometry. After diagnosis require compulsory treatment to the disease did not hit other organs. In the absence of treatment, the person may completely lose their hearing function.
If the ears during air travel, the treatment consists of cleansing nasal passages and using drops for the nose. After that, the human condition is normalized and unpleasant symptoms are removed.
When injected into the ear canals of water or other fluid, carefully clean the canals with a cotton swab. In any case it is impossible to push the stick deeply, as this may damage the eardrum.
If nasal congestion is the result of a deviated nasal septum, to get rid of it surgically. Correction of the shape of the partition leads to the elimination of congestion in the ears.
Inflammatory processes disrupt auditory function. In this case, the specialist prescribes ear drops, adding to the warming treatment with blue light. It is important to remember that when inflammation of the skin in the external auditory canal with warm compresses and heat treatments are absolutely contraindicated, as the state deteriorates significantly. As treatment photodynamic therapy that exerts bactericidal and fungicidal action on the affected organ.
Colds to relieve you, if you follow the recommendations:
- rinse the sinuses with a sea salt solution: 1 teaspoon of salt per Cup of boiled water;
- drop in each nostril 1-2 drops decongestants.
Temporarily relieve helps a deep yawn or chewing gum.
If the congestion does not go a long time, it is advisable to consult a specialist, as self-medication without consulting a doctor may lead to adverse consequences.
Advice 5: How to treat stuffy nose pregnant
- - sea salt;
- - antihistamines;
- - aloe;
- - Kalanchoe;
- - chamomile;
- - calendula.
Advice 6: How to heal congestion in ears for colds
Why ears pop when cold
The natural auditory system of man consists of the outer, middle and inner ear, and secondary is separated from the outer eardrum. The Eustachian tube linking the throat and the middle ear canal, which equalized the pressure in the middle ear.
Not to catch a cold in the Russian winter is almost impossible, so a runny nose is a frequent trouble any citizen of our country in the cold season. In such situations, the Eustachian tube swells and narrows, which srednerosloe pressure gets "stuck" at one level and stops to adjust to external air pressure. The result is a feeling of stuffy ears.
How to cure laid in the cold ears
There are several methods of treatment laid down in the common cold ears:
- ear drops;
- vasoconstrictive drops in the nose;
- exercises to normalize blood pressure in the middle ear.
From ear drops to help treat blocked ears can drugs Sulfacetamide, Otium, Sofradeks or solution Rezortsina. They all have anti-inflammatory effects on the mucous membrane and kill pathogenic microbes.
We should not forget that the ears is only a syndrome, and priority should be given to treat the disease – influenza or a cold.
Vasoconstrictor nose drops – for example, Sanorin or Galazolin also help to get rid of the blockage of ears. However, we must remember that these drugs quickly desiccate the mucous membrane of the nose, so do not abuse them. Usually doctors recommend to use such drugs not more than seven days.
A good therapeutic effect at a congestion of the ears is usually given alcohol compresses. To do them is simple: water mixed with alcohol in equal parts, in this liquid is dipped a folded gauze and placed on the ear so that it does not penetrate into the very ear. Will further enhance the therapeutic effect of this simple procedure for a long period of applying a compress. For example, you can cover the gauze with plastic and leave on all night, bandaging his ear.
In what diseases may lay his ears
Because the common cold and the flu is not the only possible cause of blockage of ears, it is recommended that at the first feeling of laying refer to the otolaryngologist. The fact that this symptom is also typical for inflammation of the middle or inner ear, a deviated septum and if water or a foreign object in the ear canal.
Any medication against congestion of the ears may contain in its composition potent substances, therefore before their use it is strongly recommended to consult a doctor.
Such diseases and malfunction of the auditory organ require qualified medical assistance in most cases. Timely consultation with a doctor will help prevent possible hearing loss, which is treated usually with great difficulty. To bring back the former hearing acuity after such complications it is impossible.
Advice 7: How to treat a runny nose in a child
Most often, a runny nose (rhinitis) is a bacterial, viral or allergic. But sometimes provoke inflammation nose foreign body caught in the nasal passage or adenoids. So before you treat it is advisable to consult a pediatric ENT doctor.
How to cure common cold in children.
Treatment of rhinitis should be comprehensive and include the use of three drugs:
- vasoconstrictor drops;
- the drug with sea water;
- antimicrobial or antiviral agent for topical application.
To start treatment is always necessary with instillation of children's vasoconstrictive drops. Medication can help relieve nasal congestion, will restrict vessels of the mucous membranes and will help the child to breathe properly. The pharmacy decongestants are represented in large numbers ("Nazol baby", "Otrivin", "Snoop", etc.). They all have the same mechanism of action (restrict vessels of the nasal mucosa) and differ only in the duration of the therapeutic effect and rate of application. Drugs are produced in the form of drops and spray. For a small child (1 year) it is advisable to buy drops, older children also fit the spray.
Five minutes after instillation of vasoconstrictive drops in the nose cavity should be washed by sea water. It will make the bow the secret is not so viscous and will give a good opportunity to clean the nose. In addition, salts contained in the water will improve the state of the mucosa of the nose and a little relieve inflammation. Pharmacy network offers a wide selection of medicines with sea water, for example, "Akvamaris", "Aqualor baby" and others. Drugs are also available in drops and spray. Very small baby will only fit drops. For older children (after 1 year) spray to choose is preferable, it allows you to better wash out the nasal passages. To bury or to splash sea water is necessary in both nostrils.
After nasal lavage is necessary to remove all the accumulated mucus. Children who know how to blow your nose, you can ask to do it. It is very important to blow your nose correctly, clearing one nostril, close the other, pressing it to the nasal septum. The younger children will have to use the aspirator. There are two kinds of nasal aspirators: bulb and type of aspirator "Otrivin". The nozzle of the aspirator must insert in one nostril and the other nostril should be touching the nasal septum and suck the mucus out of the nasal passage. Then the same procedure is necessary to spend with the other bow stroke.
After the nose is cleared, you can get medicine. For the treatment of bacterial rhinitis suitable antimicrobial agent "Sulfacetamide" or "Sulfatsil – sodium (eye drops). He will dry the mucous membrane and stops the growth of bacteria. Instill 1 to 2 drops in each nostril. Children after three years instead of "Sulfacetamide" you can splash antibacterial drug "Izofra". For the treatment of viral inflammation of the nose can drip "Interferon".
The entire procedure should be carried out 3 times a day. In between, you can splash ocean water to remove the mucus extractor.
Complications of rhinitis
Rhinitis in children is almost always complicated by inflammation of the ear (otitis), so in parallel should be treated lugs. A good anti-inflammatory effect of the drug "Otinum". It instill three drops in both ears 3 times a day. Treat the ears should be to cure the common cold.
If the evening for 4-5 days, you should definitely visit a doctor.
Allergic rhinitis is treated differently. The most important thing is to eliminate the allergen and administered Allergy medications, for example, "Zyrtec". In the nose it is preferable to bury vasoconstrictor drops with antihistamine components, e.g. Vibrocil, you can also flush the nasal cavity with sea water. Antimicrobial agents usually are not required.