With a normal flatbed scanner, the scanning procedure consists of several stages. Turning on and warming up the scanner, you put him in the first document put options – the color (or lack of), resolution. Next is the preview operation in which the document is scanned with low resolution.
After completing the preview, you set the future borders of a scan by dragging them with the mouse. Run the main scan, get a scan. Put in the scanner the second document, and it all starts again...
Is there a way to speed up this process? Yes, if you have to scan documents of the same format. In this case, once by setting boundaries and by scanning a document, you simply invest in the scanner document and press the scan button, skipping the procedure of preliminary viewing. As the documents have the same format, their boundaries are the same, and you get very high quality scan. Excluding from the scan preview, you can save a lot of time.
The scan rate effect and settings. For the vast majority of documents and books enough resolution to 300 or even 200 dpi. The smaller the resolution that you use, the faster the scanning. Do not use color scanning where it is not needed. If you scan only the text will fit the black-and-white scanning mode for maximum contrast. When scanning a document with a background pattern, for example a passport, select shades of gray.
The actual scanning is done in one stroke of the scanning head. Its reverse is blank, it just returns to its original position. So, her return should also be used. On the return stroke the head of the scanner control scanned documents, this will allow you approximately one-third reduction in total time.
Advice 2: How to scan a document
Sometimes you need to scan particular documents (e.g., for subsequent dispatch in an email). Often to scan a document is necessary in order to subsequently store them in electronic form in computer memory. If you have a scanner connected to the computer, scanning of any document takes a little time and does not require any serious skills.
- To scan a document, you need to use any graphical editor (usually every computer has at least one graphic editor – each user chooses the most convenient.
- It is recommended to use the resolution of the scanner is 150 DPI (150 dots per 1 inch). The image color is usually set at around 8 bits. View window settings may differ (depending on the type of scanner), but the essence remains the same themselves.
- If you need to scan not the whole document completely but only some part of it, in advance, specify it in the settings of the image. To save the scanned images should be in JPEG format (quality is low or average). The size of the scanned document is usually from 40 to 300 KB.
- The capabilities of modern scanners allow you to scan a document as one-and two-sided printing, without interrupting the course of the operation. At the same time in one operation, you can scan multi-page documents (save document as a whole or separate pages – in this case, each scanned page as a separate file), or single-page documents in any quantity.
- You can scan both black-and-white and color documents (the scanned image quality will remain quite high). You can even scan pictures – this should set the settings corresponding to the largest image resolution. Most modern scanners can easily detect any documents (even with the smallest text size).
- If you plan to send the scanned documents via e-mail, pay attention to the total amount of the letter (attached file with a scanned document can "weigh" a lot).
Advice 3: How to scan documents on the scanner
For the digitization of flat images (documents, photos, paper books, etc.) use a special computer peripheral device is a scanner. Now in our country began the process of converting paper paperwork into electronic form, so the relevance of the use of this device has increased significantly.
Connect the scanner to the computer if it was not done earlier. Most of them use to communicate with the computer USB port and the appropriate cable must enter into the standard scanner. Make sure that the power cable is also plugged in and connected to the device. Usually the "domestic" no scanners keys power, so immediately after connecting the USB cable the computer should recognize the new device and install a driver for it. If he can't do it alone, in the notification area (tray) confirmation message will appear and you will need to install the driver from the disc, which should also be present in the kit.
Place the scanned document in the device (facing the glass) and carefully close the cover. Depending on the model and installed software that may be enough to automatically start scanning program. If this happens, press the appropriate button on the front panel of the device and the screen a window will appear with a list of programs that are configured to work with your scanner - select from them the most appropriate one. After that will work the scanner driver, and further action will depend on the used model. The following describes the procedure for scanner Hewlett-Packard Scanjet 3500.
Rate are you satisfied with the quality of the image that shows the program scan in the preview window. If Yes, then click the big green button "Accept". If not - set the most appropriate values of the scan settings, and opening the desired section of the menu on the right side of the program window, and then click "Preview". The scanner will produce repeated pre-scan and update the image preview. Having achieved the desired quality, click the "Accept"button.
Wait until the scanning procedure with the selected item. It may take some time - the duration of the process will depend on the options selected. When the scanning process is finished, the driver will transfer your chosen image in the second step program.