Role in the body:
- The process of cell division in the body is associated with phospholipids and phosphoprotein located in cell membranes, and phosphorus present in their composition.
- Phosphorus is involved in the processes associated with the formation of energy. The process of transmission of impulses along nerve fibers also occur with the participation of phosphorus.
- A lot of different reactions in the body occurs due to the balance of the two elements – phosphorus and calcium. Ideal is if these two elements are in the body equally.
- Phosphorus is in close interaction with many enzymes, helps to activate vitamin D and other vitamins.
- Active role is given to him as a participant in many metabolic processes, it provides the normal course of protein and carbohydrate metabolism. Contains it and in the blood.
Insufficient content of this element in the body entails weakness, fatigue, until the development of nervous exhaustion. This shortage can be due to the metabolic nature inside the body and limit its receipt from the outside.
A phosphorus deficiency can occur when excess content in the body of magnesium and calcium, which affect the absorption of this element. In addition, the normal absorption of phosphorus can prevent various diseases.
An excess of phosphorus may develop renal pathology associated with the formation of stones. Bone tissue with an excess of this element loses calcium, which provides softness and plasticity of the tissues, and this leads to the development of osteoporosis. An overabundance of phosphorus can lead to poisoning of the whole organism.
Normal intake of phosphorus in amounts of about 800 mg. a Sufficient amount of phosphorus is found in many foods, such as eggs and nuts.