Even though hiccup looks funny, it's very unpleasant and of course, any hiccuping want as quickly as possible to stop this tick. How to stop hiccups? Here are the most famous and easy ways:
1. The most famous method is the sudden fright, but, in my opinion, it is ineffective.
2. No less famous way to drink water. Drink is in small SIPS, slowly. You can find this advice - drink water from the opposite edge of the glass.
3. It is believed that contribute to the cessation of hiccups can eaten a piece of lemon. Other sour or bitter foods and drinks.
4. If a hiccup occurs as a reaction to stress, is distracted, lie down, or sit in a comfortable position to relax.
5. Say that the doctor of the US President Kennedy was advised to stop hiccups is to hold tongue, lightly pulling the tip. Another variant of the same method of getting rid of hiccups is to sit for a while with protruding tongue (tongue should be tense).
6. From hiccups helps the breath, breathe more air and don't breathe as much as you can without discomfort. A variant of this method of getting rid of hiccups is to force yourself to inhale and exhale in slow motion, with intervals.
7. If hiccups arise often and there is no disease which caused it, try drinking soothing infusions or herbal teas (Valerian, motherwort) in a week or two.
8. Hippocrates for fighting with a bout of hiccups recommended to sneeze, sniffing pepper.
9. Interlock hands behind the back in the lock and try to break it. Also suitable for slow sipping, like after sleep.
10. Breathe into a small paper bag, as do the panicked passengers of the Airliners in American movies.
Useful tip: if hiccups arise several times a day or at least several times a week, is accompanied by unpleasant sensations in the chest, heartburn, etc., you should definitely go to the doctor! In this case, hiccups can be a symptom of a serious disease!
Advice 2 : What appears hiccups
The most common causes of hiccups in a healthy person are:
- hypothermia (especially at children of early age);
- the consumption of carbonated beverages;
- overeating (if the food is hard and dry);
- excess alcohol in the body;
- stressful situations.
The usual hiccups is held for 5-20 minutes. In turn, hiccup, the duration of which exceeds 48 hours may be a symptom of any serious disease. The cause can be:
- traumatic brain injury;
- damage or irritation to the phrenic/vagus nerve etc.
Accordingly, in the case of long-term debilitating hiccups urgently need to undergo a medical examination.
How to get rid of hiccups folk ways
If you began the usual hiccups, you may try to get rid of it using traditional methods. Take a deep breath, hold your breath and try as hard as possible to compress the diaphragm using the muscles of the chest. When the diaphragm relaxes and gradually ceases to decline. The longer you can last in this condition, the better your chances of quick relief from hiccups.
Try to drink plain drinking water in small SIPS, holding his nose with his fingers. The throat must be done often and without interruption. After about 25 SIPS the hiccups should stop. You can also use the method which has long been used ballerina with his hands behind his back, slightly bend forward and then quick gulps drink water from a Cup that's being held in the hands of another person.
Another popular remedy is chamomile tea. However, this method requires time to brew drink - about 30 minutes. Chamomile contains substances that can relax the muscle system and stop the contraction of the diaphragm, which are the main cause of hiccups.
The following advice will not work for everyone – to stop hiccups, try to get on hands. Or lie on the bed so that your head ended up far below the level of the diaphragm. This method is quite effective.
What would you choose for yourself method, remember that natural hiccup lasts 5 to 20 minutes. If it is higher than normal, immediately contact for medical help.