How to have a Wake for 1 year?
If a person was baptized, he bought the funeral commemoration at the divine Liturgy. Prayer is a huge help for people who have left this world. Because by and large, a dead man needs no monument nor a posh meal, the only thing that can make a person close to his soul is to read prayers and to remember his good deeds.
To order the Liturgy in the Church on the evening the day before the funeral or the morning of the same day. Among other things, commemorate the deceased and meals. On this day, people prepare a variety of dishes: this is definitely the soup, and at the request of relatives preparing favorite dishes of the deceased. Don't forget about the pancakes, pudding and pastries.
The commemoration of the death of the deceased, be sure to visit his grave. If necessary there put things in order: try to paint the fence, plant flowers, pine needles (best survives arborvitae, it grows outwards and not takes root and grows only up). If in the grave there was a temporary monument, it was in the year after death it is replaced permanent.
The memorial meal at the Wake for 1 year
Of course, the hosts want to entertain the invited people taste better, but do not forget about Orthodox positions. So, if the funeral fell on the day of fasting, you should eliminate prohibited products and to serve only those dishes that are allowed to eat.
At the table it is necessary to remember the deceased, his good deeds and traits. No need to turn the memorial table in the "drunk bunch". After all, the word "Wake" originated from the word "remember".
The first dish that served on the memorial table is kutia. It is a boiled rice or wheat with honey and raisins. While eating meals think about the deceased. Such food is considered a symbol of resurrection, according to tradition, it can be sprinkled with Holy water.
The following dishes on the memorial table, namely soup, can be any, depending on taste preferences of the deceased or of the owners. It may be an ordinary chicken noodle soup or borsch, goulash with noodles, or aspic, stuffed peppers or rice, just the meat dishes were not prohibited by post. As pastry can be served filled pie or pancakes.
It should be noted that the days of remembrance must be met in good spirits to be in the mood and not to take offense at the deceased because he left this world. Moreover, the right is considered to give a Wake alms and clothing or other belongings of the deceased to the needy.
Advice 2: How to conduct a funeral
Of some Nations, the tomb of the imposed sacrifice consumed after food. Other practices read about holding the burial feasts (military fun). This tradition was common among the Slavic and Germanic tribes, the ancient Greeks. In other places, the deceased accompanied the funeral procession and crying.
We have spread the Christian custom of holding a Wake. According to the Orthodox Canon of conduct funerals have three times: the day of the funeral, on the ninth day and the fortieth. They are in a funeral Banquet. The same custom exists in many religions. The meaning of this ritual is very deep. Believing in the immortality of the soul, people celebrate the approach of the deceased towards God, while simultaneously paying tribute to him as a good man. No wonder adopted or speaking of the dead well, or not at all to say.
In the process of commemoration included prayers have departed from this world man. In General, all actions on such rituals have deep meaning, even the menu the meal selection is not accidental.
So how do you properly hold a Wake?
- Before the meal, it is necessary to read the prayer "Our father". The minimum that is needed, as it is desirable to make the litany and singing the 90th Psalm (invite the so-called "singing"). In the process of commemoration is necessary to remember the deceased, and only his positive qualities and actions that are prohibited profanity, laughter, jokes, drunkenness.
- Menu it is undesirable to do intense. On the contrary – a necessary modesty and simplicity, as the abundance of dishes is not beneficial to the process of the ritual. The first course, which is necessary, is the so-called kutya - a porridge made from whole grains of millet, or rice, seasoned with honey and raisins. Moreover, it should be sprinkled with Holy water, or to bless during the service. Kutia is a symbol of eternal life in Christ.
- Especially strictly necessary to approach to drawing up menus during Easter, as it must be limited in food. And in the Wake are not for the feast, and as the occasion to remember the deceased.
- When you get a Wake a week during lent, they should be postponed until the weekend because these days post the most restrictive.
- Men at the funeral should be with their heads uncovered – women are the opposite. The commemoration of the day of the funeral is available to all attendees, as it is a time of farewell with the deceased. On the ninth day the relatives of the deceased. And on the fortieth everyone to remember the dead.