By will or by the law?

If the deceased has not left a notarized wills, then the estate will be distributed according to the word of the law in the order of the heirs. In addition, an improperly written will can annul that, too, will entail the inheritance by law.

With documents to the notary

In order to come into its own, the heir must go to the notary with a specific pre-compiled package of documents. On the basis of the notary, assessing the authenticity of securities, open a probate case. It must be done within six months from the date of death. A notary may choose any, but it should relate to the place where the testator lived until his death. It may happen that the hereditary case already exists and was opened without your knowledge by another notary. If so, be sure your notary will tell you about this.

The inheritance documents

The death certificate of the testator.

Official document confirming relationship with the deceased. Among these most common documents are birth certificates and marriage. Presenting birth certificate, you prove to leave a legacy, your parent, presenting the marriage certificate to confirm the marriage with the deceased.

Extract from the house register and a certificate from passport office to confirm the residency of the deceased. These papers will indicate that at the time of death the deceased lived in a particular house at a specific address.

Own passport.

Will. If there's no will, then the first importance find a paper defining the degree of kinship to the testator.

You may need other documents depending on the composition of the inheritance. It can be technical passports, checkbooks, securities, Deposit contracts and much more. A specialist will guide you as you dive into the details of inheritance cases.


The process of registration of the rights of the crown long. The catch usually consists of queues that must be protected in order to collect the necessary documents or to inspect them. If you've ever changed the name, it is better to bring confirming this fact documents the notary.

Another way

If you don't have the time or inclination to do the paperwork and stand in queues, you have the right to access any third-party lawyer. After registration you special power of attorney on conducting hereditary Affairs, the lawyer will perform all the necessary red tape, but for an agreed fee, of course.