Sketchbook or an album for sketches
Sketchbook is literally translated as a kind of sketchbook (sketch is a sketch). In the past, in Russia it was called, but a shorter English word quickly caught on.
Almost everyone who is fond of drawing, painting, sculpture, or who is somehow associated with creativity, has sketchbook. Notebooks for sketching ideas need artists, architects, designers and advertisers.
For creative people, even if their work is related to something else, sketchbooks often plays the role of a diary: you can sketch experiences, interesting finds, and just keep it for fun. A very popular direction is to conduct a travel-book or diary of the journey, in which you can draw impressions to paste photos, tickets and generally do whatever comes to mind.
Professionals, and all three sketchbooks are indispensable. Artists usually have several sketchbooks for different purposes.
Usually sketchbook is a notebook of small size, which is convenient to always have with you. He is like a notebook, only for drawing. There are large sketchbook needed, when artists deliberately plan projects of considerable size, for example, it is difficult to make a detailed sketch for the painting of a half to two meters in pocket Notepad.
Regular maintenance sketchbook – useful exercise, but if creativity is your profession, it is even necessary. Sketches help to get hand in drawing and improve their skills in composition, besides, you'll preserve your ideas and impressions. Even if the first sketches ashamed to show someone, that is no reason for worries. It all starts somewhere.
What sketchbook should I choose?
Someone buys the branded sketchbook with good paper and a nice sturdy design, and someone uses children's drawing books: only you can decide what to prefer.
However, in order to buy exactly what you need is, first of all, focus on a few points:
1. Paper. It varies in color, brightness, density, texture, suitability for specific materials and according to your emotional perception (this is also very important!).
2. Size sketchbook. You are going to carry it with you in your bag or store on the shelf? To paint plein air with a sketchbook or anywhere?
3. Format. Square, rectangular, elongated: which one you like best and what suits your task?
4. Type of binding: it may be spring, soft or as a book cover, sewn pages, East bond... the imagination of the creators is infinite, so there are plenty to choose from.
5. The presence of the tablet. The tablet is a rigid sheet of cardboard which acts as a cover on the back of sketchbook. He needs to be able to comfortably draw, even if the table does not appear.