You will need
- Driver Pack Solution.
Start the selection of the desired driver with a very simple way – automatic installation thereof. To do this, go to the properties menu of "My computer". Open the device Manager. Find the name of the device for which you want to update the driver, click on it with right mouse button and select "Update driver software".
If you dislike this method, try to find a driver yourself. Go to the official website of the manufacturer of the device for which you want to install the driver. Examine the site structure and find the menu that is responsible for the selection of the correct driver for different devices. Download the selected software package and install it.
Experts recommend to always keep on hand a special program, which is a database of drivers for most popular hardware. As an example, consider a program Driver Pack Solution.
Download this utility and run the file DriverPackSolution.exe located in the root directory of the program. Immediately after the opening program will start automatic scanning equipment. Most likely, you will be prompted to update the outdated drivers for some devices and install new software for hardware that is not currently running.
Select the drivers you wish to install and click "Update all". Restart the computer to apply the settings. This usually needs to be done when installing drivers for the important elements of a computer: CPU, graphics card, etc.
Be careful when choosing a new package of driver updates for hardware that currently works consistently. The fact that not all new drivers are tested carefully before release them for free. Sometimes the program may not detect your device, offering you to install the wrong driver. Create a restore point before updating the software.
Advice 2: How to remove video card driver
The performance of the graphics subsystem of a modern personal computer key image depends not only on the model of the video card, but the version of the installed drivers and the correctness of their installation. When you replace the old drivers on a new more advisable not to put the new driver "over" the old one, and advance to completely remove video card driver (especially if you have installed a beta version).
For safe replacement drivers use the following sequence of steps:
- Prepare to remove the drivers: download the latest version of drivers and rename the folder from which the installation of the drivers the last time that the system tried to install the driver automatically. Completely remove the old driver distribution should not, it can be done after successfully installing the new driver.
- To clean the system from unused registry entries and. dll files, use one of the utilities designed for this purpose, for example Driver Cleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html). The Pro version is free, and to perform the desired function, its capacity is sufficient.
- Go to start — control Panel — administrative tools. Select computer Management, select device Manager. Locate devices video card, click its name with the right mouse button and from the appearing context menu select Delete.
- Reboot into safe mode. If the monitor is connected via DVI – previously connect it through VGA.
- Run Driver Cleaner Pro to completely remove video card driver. Select in the list of devices everything that relates to your graphics card. If you previously installed another graphics card — select all that applies to it to remove remnants of drivers. Press Start. The program will perform a wipe of the system.
- Reboot. The system will detect the new device and prompt you to install the driver for it. Specify the folder with new drivers.
- If necessary, adjust the settings of the graphics card.
Manufacturer specific graphics card can offer specialized tools to remove drivers from the system. Examine the manufacturer's website to find information about these utilities.