You will need
- Driver Pack Solution.
Start the selection of the desired driver with a very simple way – automatic installation thereof. To do this, go to the properties menu of "My computer". Open the device Manager. Find the name of the device for which you want to update the driver, click on it with right mouse button and select "Update driver software".
If you dislike this method, try to find a driver yourself. Go to the official website of the manufacturer of the device for which you want to install the driver. Examine the site structure and find the menu that is responsible for the selection of the correct driver for different devices. Download the selected software package and install it.
Experts recommend to always keep on hand a special program, which is a database of drivers for most popular hardware. As an example, consider a program Driver Pack Solution.
Download this utility and run the file DriverPackSolution.exe located in the root directory of the program. Immediately after the opening program will start automatic scanning equipment. Most likely, you will be prompted to update the outdated drivers for some devices and install new software for hardware that is not currently running.
Select the drivers you wish to install and click "Update all". Restart the computer to apply the settings. This usually needs to be done when installing drivers for the important elements of a computer: CPU, graphics card, etc.
Be careful when choosing a new package of driver updates for hardware that currently works consistently. The fact that not all new drivers are tested carefully before release them for free. Sometimes the program may not detect your device, offering you to install the wrong driver. Create a restore point before updating the software.
Advice 2: How to remove video card driver
The performance of the graphics subsystem of a modern personal computer key image depends not only on the model of the video card, but the version of the installed drivers and the correctness of their installation. When you replace the old drivers on a new more advisable not to put the new driver "over" the old one, and advance to completely remove video card driver (especially if you have installed a beta version).
For safe replacement drivers use the following sequence of steps:
- Prepare to remove the drivers: download the latest version of drivers and rename the folder from which the installation of the drivers the last time that the system tried to install the driver automatically. Completely remove the old driver distribution should not, it can be done after successfully installing the new driver.
- To clean the system from unused registry entries and. dll files, use one of the utilities designed for this purpose, for example Driver Cleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html). The Pro version is free, and to perform the desired function, its capacity is sufficient.
- Go to start — control Panel — administrative tools. Select computer Management, select device Manager. Locate devices video card, click its name with the right mouse button and from the appearing context menu select Delete.
- Reboot into safe mode. If the monitor is connected via DVI – previously connect it through VGA.
- Run Driver Cleaner Pro to completely remove video card driver. Select in the list of devices everything that relates to your graphics card. If you previously installed another graphics card — select all that applies to it to remove remnants of drivers. Press Start. The program will perform a wipe of the system.
- Reboot. The system will detect the new device and prompt you to install the driver for it. Specify the folder with new drivers.
- If necessary, adjust the settings of the graphics card.
Manufacturer specific graphics card can offer specialized tools to remove drivers from the system. Examine the manufacturer's website to find information about these utilities.
Advice 3: How to restore video card
On graphics cardsand motherboards that are damaged electrolytic capacitors. In addition, they often have problems with cooling. A faulty video card can be fixed at home.
Shut down the operating system of the computer. Unplug the power cord from himself and from the monitor. Disconnect the monitor from the video card. Only then remove it.
Check the charge in the presence of swollen electrolytic capacitors. Graphics cards often have fewer layers than the motherboard, besides, they are smaller in size, so to change the capacitors on them easier. But remember that before you - all the same a multilayer printed circuit Board, therefore realize a replacement was needed quickly, preventing overheating of the conductors of the inner layers. When replacing the capacitors polarity of their connection.
Again, install the card in the computer and check its performance. If it is not recovered, see whether the fan rotates. If he stopped, or absent, repeat the procedure disconnecting the monitor and removing the graphics card.
Stopped the fan and try to lubricate. Careful not to bend the charge, remove it from the radiator. Peel off the sticker from the opposite side, pull the cap, and then type in the bearing a drop of machine oil. Used vegetable oil is impossible. Insert the cap into place, wipe it dry, and then instead of the sticker glue a piece of tape.
After lubrication, rotate the fan with your finger for a few minutes until its rotation will not be free. Then set him in his place. If you disconnected it from the connector on the motherboard, plug it back in.
If the fan is not at all, find the suitable dimensions of the heat sink device and secure it with the four screws. In the absence of on-chip heat sink do not try to drill for fan holes in the Board (some novice master thought of this before). Take a glue mark Alsil-5, firmly stick to the chip card suitable heat sink (make sure it is not shorted out the conclusions of the chip, and then have it install the fan. Give him power (5 or 12 volts, depending on type) with correct polarity.
Install a graphics card in the computer and check it. If the problem was cooling, now it will work stable.
Do not attempt repairs powerful graphics card, releasing a lot of heat.