For safe replacement drivers use the following sequence of steps:
- Prepare to remove the drivers: download the latest version of drivers and rename the folder from which the installation of the drivers the last time that the system tried to install the driver automatically. Completely remove the old driver distribution should not, it can be done after successfully installing the new driver.
- To clean the system from unused registry entries and. dll files, use one of the utilities designed for this purpose, for example Driver Cleaner Pro (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html). The Pro version is free, and to perform the desired function, its capacity is sufficient.
- Go to start — control Panel — administrative tools. Select computer Management, select device Manager. Locate devices video card, click its name with the right mouse button and from the appearing context menu select Delete.
- Reboot into safe mode. If the monitor is connected via DVI – previously connect it through VGA.
- Run Driver Cleaner Pro to completely remove video card driver. Select in the list of devices everything that relates to your graphics card. If you previously installed another graphics card — select all that applies to it to remove remnants of drivers. Press Start. The program will perform a wipe of the system.
- Reboot. The system will detect the new device and prompt you to install the driver for it. Specify the folder with new drivers.
- If necessary, adjust the settings of the graphics card.
Manufacturer specific graphics card can offer specialized tools to remove drivers from the system. Examine the manufacturer's website to find information about these utilities.
Advice 2 : How to remove chipset driver
To configure a computer after installing the operating system, you need to find and install the appropriate drivers. When it comes to the chipset, need to be very careful not to damage the operation of this device.
You will need
- - Sam Drivers;
- - access to the Internet.
Remember that to completely remove the drivers of the motherboard is highly undesirable. Much faster and more efficient to replace the installed files with newer versions. Please visit the official website of the manufacturer of the motherboard installed in your computer.
Scroll to the "Drivers" and download the files required for the stable operation of the device. Unzip the downloaded archive to a separate folder. Click "start" and right click the mouse on "My computer". Select "device Manager".
Locate in the resulting window, the item "Computer" and expand it. Click with the right mouse button on the name of your computer and select "Update drivers". Now select "Perform driver search on this computer". Select the folder where you unzipped the downloaded files. Click "Next" and wait for the updates the necessary drivers.
If in the process of installation of the selected file packages, it was reported that the system could not remove the old drivers, then use Sam Drivers. Download and run this utility. Open the file RunThis.exe and in the opened menu, select "Install drivers: Installer Assistant".
Wait for the tool to gather information about the connected devices. Now select the check box next to the item processor. Parallel can update the packages files for other devices in your computer. Click the "Run the job on selected packages". Select "typical install".
After completion of the update files, restart the computer. Make sure that the equipment for which you updated the configuration that works flawlessly and performs the desired functionality. Alternatively, use the utility Driver Pack Solution.