Advice 2: How to disable hardware acceleration
However, in some cases, you may need to disable hardware acceleration. Usually happens when there are conflicting this function with a particular program or game, leading to failures and errors in displaying graphics or playing video. Consider the process of disabling hardware acceleration in steps.
In Windows XP:
- Open the properties screen. This can be done through control Panel, or simply right clicking the mouse on any place of the desktop free of Windows and icons, and selecting the context menu item "Properties".
- In the settings window display switch to the "Settings" tab and click "Advanced".
- In the properties window graphics tab "Diagnostics".
- Move the engine "Acceleration" to the far left position ("no") and hit "Apply" or "OK". Hardware acceleration is disabled. The changes will take effect after reboot.
In Windows 7:
- Open control Panel (start — control Panel).
- Locate and open the item "Screen".
- In the left part of the window that opens, click "configure display settings".
- In the opened window click on "advanced settings".
- Go to the Diagnostics tab and click the "Change settings".
- In the opened window move the slider in extreme left position ("no") and press "OK". If UAC is enabled, you will need to confirm that the changes authorized by the user. Hardware acceleration is disabled. The changes will take effect after reboot.
In Windows 7 in some cases, the button "Change settings" is grayed out. In this case, disable hardware acceleration in the graphics card and its driver do not support the manipulation of hardware acceleration.
Advice 3: How to enable hardware acceleration
- - computer
- - drivers for video and audio Board
The function is increasing or decreasing hardware acceleration becomes available only after installing the device drivers. The necessary drivers are included with the device (CD-ROM). If you have these discs were not available, then the drivers can be downloaded from the official website of the manufacturer of your hardware.
You will also need to install Direct X, which is freely distributed in the network. It is worth noting that almost every game drive includes Direct X.
Advice 4: How to disable video hardware acceleration
Advice 5: How to enable hardware acceleration in the laptop
- latest drivers;
- K-Lite Mega Codec Pack;
- Media Player Classic.
Click on the "Sound" tool window. Move the slider indicator to the far right in the "hardware sound acceleration Level" to authorize the use of the changes with OK.
- H264/AVC (DXVA);
- VC1 (DXVA).
In the right part of the dialog box. Specify System Default all the fields on group Playback-Output and authorize the use of the changes with OK.
Advice 6: How to connect hardware acceleration
Advice 7: How to enable or disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on a laptop with Windows 8?
- Windows 8 or 8.1
Call menu PC settings. Move the mouse to the right edge or press the right edge of the screen if it is touch. Select Settings, and then click Change PC settings (on the picture).