What if the highly visible veins on the legs?
If veins in the legs become very noticeable in the first place, it is necessary to consult a doctor and get tested. It is possible that the specialist will prescribe the following procedures:
- external examination conducted by a vascular surgeon;
- Ultrasound (duplex scanning);
- check the degree of tone of the veins of the lower extremities.
If at external examination will not reveal a structural pathologic changes and hemodynamic disturbances of blood flow and intravascular education will not take place, it means that swollen veins in the legs – it's not varicose veins. Rather, it is the General venous insufficiency, which is fairly easily eliminated with a properly selected treatment. Usually when venous insufficiency the doctor prescribes venotonic in the form of ointments and tablets, also in this pathology can be shown wearing compression underwear that has a low degree of compression.
It so happens that the veins in the legs too noticeable only because of the overly thin skin on the feet. To correct the situation will help a natural tan or use bronzer. Also helps to hide this cosmetic defect ointment-based extract of chestnut, which, moreover, effectively strengthens the walls of veins.
What if the veins in the legs are visible because of varicose veins?
Methods used to combat swollen veins, are directly dependent on the degree of development of the disease. If varicose veins are already running, you can't do without wearing special compression underwear and receiving anticoagulation drugs. If the disease is at an early stage, then allow the vein in order, in addition to the prescribed treatment will help the observance of a few simple rules:
- to put in order your weight, because excess pounds only contribute to the active development of varicose veins;
- try to get rid of bad habits;
to diversify your diet to include meals that are rich in vitamins and minerals;
- to unsubscribe from wearing high heel shoes;
- maintain good physical form, for example, do Cycling;
- regularly use of ointment with vein toning effect;
- wear prevention special compression underwear;
- try less to be in a standing position.
Remember that when running the varicose veins may require laser surgery or even surgery, so, if veins darkened or swollen, do not delay visit to the doctor.