How to make jewelry from paper mache
To prepare a lot of papier-mache, you will need a junk newspaper or other paper, glue, water. Glue mix with water in a ratio of 2/1. The newspaper should be cut into strips with a width of two centimeters, or break into small pieces. To connect newspaper and glue solution and mix until a homogeneous mixture with a spoon or a brush with bristles.
If the material you take of stationery glue, keep in mind that when coloring molded products you can trap difficulties. Paint may refuse to stay on the surface. It is best before painting and primed with the product art or white acrylic primer, and then cover with paint.
Some items look better with a smooth surface. When wrapping the forms with strips of paper is not always possible to achieve perfect smoothness. But the procedure for leveling the surface is not as complex as it may seem – you just have to treat it patiently.
How to smooth the surface of papier-mache
First, it is necessary to align the most visible pits by otkleivanie there small scraps of paper. To do so until, until the surface will look more or less smooth. The product should be dried, after which the surface is treated with fine sandpaper. Treatment follow the circular light movements, the pressure should be as light as possible. Paper fibers periodically clean with a cloth. The treated surface densely cover the glue and wipe dry that the top layer became stronger. This procedure can be repeated several times to the strength of the upper layer increased. You can then proceed to the coloring, inlay, or decoration of a surface in a different way.
With a slight rough edges cover the surface with several layers of PVA glue or use spray lacquer for cars.
If the item you want to paint, after the end of the staining procedure, the surface is better to cover another, and varnish two or three coats. Polish and fit the nitro and furniture, only make sure that the paint will not "floated". The thus treated product will be smooth and shiny.
Advice 2: How to make papier-mache
Try to make a papier-mache together with the child, taking as a form of Apple.
You will need the following materials and tools:
- form — small Apple, possibly more correct form;
- flour and water for making paste;
- capacity for cooking paste (metal bowl);
- old Newspapers;
white paper for the top layer of the product;
sharp paper knife or blade;
transparent Polish for furniture;
- a set of brushes.
- Cook the paste. To do this, pour 3 tbsp of flour small amount of the cooled water, carefully stir the mixture until the consistency resembles thick cream. Put on the stove a bowl of water (1-1. 5 cups) and bring to the boil, then a thin stream pour the prepared mixture into the boiling water, stirring it intensively. When the mass has thickened sufficiently, remove the container with a plate and refrigerate.
- Washed Apple put on the table, and cover it with a layer of newsprint, consisting of torn small pieces of paper. Pieces of paper of irregular shape, rinse with water and place on the surface of the Apple so that they densely adjoined to each other. The first layer is ready.
- Repeat this operation five or six times, but the pieces do not soak the newspaper with water, and attach with glue.
- A good dry papier-mache.
- Repeat step 2, with 5-6 layers of newspaper and the top layer of white paper, making sure that the surface was evenly covered with it and nowhere looked the pieces of paper.
- Again well dry papier-mache.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut the shape and remove the Apple. Edges of the resulting halves of an Apple from papier-mache grease glue (PVA, stationery, and the best - superglue) and gently tap between them, pressing as tightly as possible without the risk of damaging the product. Thoroughly dry the seam, then sand it so it was not as noticeable.
To make papier-mache quickly and accurately, follow the following sequence of actions.
The main technical part of the job is finished. As you can see, make papier-mâché turned out to be not so difficult.
Remains the most creative phase. Turn on your imagination and artistic imagination either take a sample in front of you as a real Apple and paint the layout with gouache or acrylic paints. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly and apply a coat of clear lacquer. Now it only remains to attach the stalk (from a real Apple, previously well dried) and Apple papier-mache finish.
Advice 3: How to make a puppet
- tennis ball
- a piece of canvas or old t-shirts
- thick lines
- steel wire
- wooden linen clothespin
- PVA glue
- 3 screws with an eyelet
- narrow strips
- empty plastic bottle
- 2 flap different tissue
- colored paper
- a ball of wool
- broad Scotch
- 8 newspaper pages
- cotton swabs
- drill with fine drill bit
- big needle