Advice 1: How dangerous is the bite of the bumblebee

Bumblebee insect less aggressive than its relatives, it rarely stings. It's sting after the biteand does not remain in the human body, because it has notches. But the consequences of meeting with this insect for some can be quite negative.
How dangerous is the bite of the bumblebee

If bumblebee sting



Sting of the bumblebee for most healthy individuals is not dangerous, except that it is very painful. Rare, about 1% of cases, possible severe allergic reaction. Most often it happens with repeated bites.

The area stung by the bee place is swollen, red and itchy, local reaction (non-allergic), which appears immediately or within a few hours of the bite of the insect and passes in 1-5 days. In cases when the swelling extends to a greater area of the skin, is also a local reaction, although it lasts longer. After the first bite of a bee (or other stinging insects) most often an allergic reaction does not happen due to the lack in the body of antibodies to bumblebee venom.

An allergic reaction occurring within half an hour after the bite, can be of different types depending on intensity:

- swelling, redness, itching spread throughout the body;
- the first item is added diarrhea, vomiting and other digestive problems;
- the signs of the first two paragraphs, and the person begins to choke;
all these symptoms are aggravated by rapid pulse, loss of consciousness, possible seizures, fever, chills, joint pain and lower back - this is anaphylaxis.

If a person has been bitten by a hornet many times in a short time, you may experience a toxic reaction. It is fraught with problems of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, disturbances of heart rhythm and respiration. Sometimes when multiple bites a person can die.

Particular caution should be pregnant women and people taking drugs such as beta-blockers.

Aid to the victim of the bite



In cases of non-allergic reaction quite the bite washed under running water or apply a tampon soaked in hydrogen peroxide, drink antihistamines (suprastin, diphenhydramine, etc.). It is also recommended to apply cold to the bite, especially if it is a sensitive area (near the eye, for example), to drink more fluids.

It is necessary to observe the victims. If the reaction to the bite is exacerbated by other symptoms (swelling extends to the whole body), an urgent need to call an ambulance or bring bitten to the doctor. In severe cases, when cardiac arrest and respiratory arrest before the ambulance to the patient to do artificial respiration and heart massage.

Precautions



Do not provoke bumblebee, if he was nearby, not shaking hands, not to grab an insect, stay calm. Bumble-bees also do not like the sharp smell of alcohol, perfumes, sweat, odors, oxidation of the metal. All this is causing their aggression. In clothes they are attracted to the color blue.

Advice 2 : Bee sting, wasp or bumblebee: first aid

Bees, wasps and their relatives are injected during a bite the poison. It causes redness, pain and swelling in damaged areas. Malaise a person can last from several hours to a day or more, if the body is already under the influence of allergens. In addition, it depends on who attacked you.
Bee sting, wasp or bumblebee: first aid

What poisonous insects can sting?

Knowing the answer to this question helps to apply the right treatment and avoid bites afterwards.

• The honey bee, the girl with Golden body, sting only once because its stinger is jagged form, gets in the skin and causes the bee to die.

• The sting of bees, wasps and hornets are smooth, they can sting repeatedly. So you may have to flee.

• The hornets have natural protection: if you kill one, the attack will catch the rest. In his pouch of poison contains a substance that stimulates the attack the swarm.

Poisonous bite: what actions to take?

The sooner you use first aid in case of bites, the easier it is to get rid of the effects of poison.

• Bee sting you need to try to be removed immediately. Located on the SAC of poison pulsing for 1-2 minutes, contributing to the penetration of the poison inside. Well, if you have at hand a pair of tweezers. To get the stinger out, you can use nails, some kind of cutting tool. If you scrunch it, get a large portion of the poison, so try to act with maximum caution.

• To avoid the consequences of bites, immediately wash the bite with soap and water or water with antiseptic, because the sting of the insect in the deep layers of the skin can get infected.

• For pain relief it is advisable to apply cold, it will cause the spasm of small vessels and slow down the spread of venom through the blood stream.

• Some recommend to take an aspirin, wet the bite and RUB the tablet. Aspirin in addition to pain relief is able to neutralize some of the substances included in the composition of the poison.

• At home you can use a paste of ordinary baking soda and water, a lotion of ammonia.

• Good effect in treatment of bites has chopped and slightly moistened activated charcoal. After applying to the bite, you need to cover the gauze bandage.

• Take an antihistamine. It will reduce pain, swelling and redness.

How to avoid bites?

Allergists studying the reactions of the body, is recommended when outdoors follow these rules:

• Try to wear thick clothes that cover all parts of the body, use of means of repelling insects.

• Do not use deodorants, perfumes, lotions, shaving. Our flying enemies can confuse you with a flower.

• Be prepared to escape quickly to the room in the middle of the woods or jump into water.

Is the advice useful?
Search