The use of combustible sulphur in medicine

Sulphur takes part in the metabolism along with vitamins of group B. This macronutrient required for the synthesis of new protein molecules, polypeptides (molecules of insulin produced in the pancreas), and many enzymes. A day in the human body with food must be received 0,5-1 gram of sulfur. Foods that contain this macronutrient: cabbage, garlic, onion, gooseberry, buckwheat, egg yolks, chili pepper. It is recommended to eat to increase gloss and strength of hair, with brittle nails, joint pains, high blood levels of sugar and triglycerides (sources of fat).
Insufficient sulfur in the body can be neurasthenia.

Combustible sulphur is a yellow powder. In some cases it is used against acne: it is taken orally with food. The daily dose is 1/4 teaspoon, you should divide it into several techniques. The powder is combustible sulphur take about 2 weeks. The sulfur treatment courses 2-3 times a year. If, during its application, there was adverse reaction from the body (large amount of acne, peeling of the skin), use of powder should be discontinued. In folk medicine, sulfur is also used to treat constipation, as a sedative.

Sulfur and sulfur-containing substances are used for preventive and therapeutic purposes for removing skin lesions. Precipitated sulphur is used externally in the form of powders and ointments. Sulfur ointment (5-10-20%) is used in the treatment of many skin diseases (sycosis, seborrhea, psoriasis) to relieve allergic reactions on the skin for scabies. In combination with lanolin, vaseline and stearic acid sulphur has anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, keratolytic (exfoliating) effect. This composition is used for the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp, of rosacea.
Contraindicated apply ointment containing sulphur, during pregnancy and cases of known sensitivity to this block.

The harm of sulfur

Excess sulfur is a toxic factor for the human body. It can cause diseases of the mucous membranes of the respiratory system. Toxic sulphur compounds (e.g. hydrogen sulfide) can lead to severe poisoning, in some cases with a fatal outcome. The consequences of such poisoning will manifest themselves over the long term and even life. These include the tendency to chills, headaches, lowering of intelligence, gastrointestinal diseases, paralysis. Chronic hydrogen sulfide poisoning manifest eye diseases, bronchitis, General weakness.