You will need
  • - the passport;
  • - the questionnaire of the established sample;
  • - 3 photos;
  • - invitation letter or other document confirming the purpose of your trip;
  • - information on financial security;
  • - money for the visa fee and surcharge for urgency.
Collect the necessary documents. It depends on the type of visa, but in any case, you will need to document the purpose of your trip e.g. an invitation from an organization or private individual. Take care of the confirmation of financial support for the trip. You can provide a salary certificate stamped by your company, sponsorship letter or recent statement from your Bank account.
Contact the German Consulate or the German visa application centre in your region. This is the fastest way to obtain a visa. The Consulate of this country is not only in Moscow and St. Petersburg but also in Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg and Kaliningrad. If you live in one of these cities or near them, find out the address of your visa application centre using the business directory or the official website of the Consulate General of Germany in Russia. You can submit documents to a queue or book in advance on a certain date, so as not to waste time waiting.
Submit two completed and signed questionnaire, samples of which can be obtained at the Consulate. Enclose all the necessary documents and pay the visa fee. When making a tourist visa at the Consulate make an additional charge for urgency. In this case, the Schengen visa can be issued for two or three days.
For most long-term visas, the Consulate does not provide for fast track consideration. The exception may be extreme circumstances that must be proved by documents. Such situations may include, for example, serious illness or death of a close relative in Germany or other similar situation. Then the consular officers may take into account your position.
If you live far from the designated visa application centres, please contact the tourist Agency providing services on registration of visas. While you will pay more than when you receive documents directly at the Consulate. Also you will need to issue a power of attorney, under which another person is to file papers for you. Be careful when receiving a long-term visa. Call the Consulate and confirm, do not need your personal presence.