You will need
  • - a passport.
Check whether you need to cancel the visa. It makes sense, for example, in the case if you had cancelled your trip, or when you have tourist visa, and you want to study or work in one of the Schengen countries. In this case, if the visa has expired, then in addition to cancel.
Call the Consulate of the country where you were issued the visa. Explain the situation to them, including the reasons why you cancel your trip or want to get visa of another country. You will be assigned a specific day and hour for the visit to the Consulate.
Come to the Consulate at the specified telephone operator time. Be prepared for the fact that you, despite the exact recording time will have to wait in line. This is especially true in the summer when the visas EN masse register campers, and in early September, when going abroad to study the students.
At a checkpoint of the Consulate, present your passport and tell me why you're here. You will be directed to the visa officer, who will be able to supply you with the appropriate passport stamp. Right, on your initiative revoked visa will have no consequences for future queries on entry into the country.
If necessary, apply for a new visa. You will again need a full package of documents, confirming the purpose of travel, income and place of residence in the country.