Ingredients for the dough:
- Flour – 1 glass;
- Chilled butter – 150 g;
- Cold water – 2-3 tablespoons.
Ingredients for the filling:
- Butter – 50 g;
- Large onions – 4 PCs.;
- Egg – 3 PCs;
- Cream – 300 g;
- Cheese – 200 g;
- Chile and freshly ground black pepper.
For registration you can use strips of leek and salmon caviar.
- First we need to prepare the dough. For this to grate the butter into the flour. Get a mass resembling bread crumbs. Add the ice water and quickly knead the dough. Place the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Melt in small saucepan butter. Add the onion, sliced, and warm on a mild heat for 25 minutes so the onions are softened and highlighted moisture. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Thinly roll out the dough. Lay the dough into the pan and prick the base with a fork. Along the inner edge of the base to lay corrugated foil, it will prevent compression of the dough during baking. Place the form with the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- While dough is in refrigerator, preheat oven to 200 degrees. On a fine grater grate the cheese. Beat the eggs and cream. Mix the mixture with grated cheese and season with pepper, salt to taste. While stirring the mixture, add the cooked onions.
- Bake chilled dough for 10 minutes without opening the oven. Remove the foil and spread on the dough the filling and bake for about 20-25 minutes. The filler should be lightly browned.
- Put cake on a dish and decorate with shavings of leek. Caviar to file separately.
This cake can be prepared portion by making several small pies in ramekins with adjustable bottom.