Copying can be done by pressing a combination of keys on the keyboard. It is very convenient and fast, so you should master this method.
How to copy text without the mouse on the laptop
Often, the problem of copying text occurs among laptop users. It happens that the mouse is not at hand, and use the touchpad is not very convenient. To make your life easier, is to learn how to work with texts, using only the keyboard.
To copy the selection, do the following manipulation:
- Highlight the portion of text you want to copy. For this step, place the cursor at the beginning of the copied proposal. For this you can use the mouse or the keyboard.
- When the cursor is near the desired part of the text, you will need to hold down the Shift key and hold it, to capture the necessary section using the arrows.
- If you need to highlight multiple pages, use the Page Up and Page Down. They select the text of entire pages, but you need to remember to hold the Shift key. If you allocated too much, the arrows will always help you to correct the result.
- If you need to copy the entire document, simply press Ctrl + A. In this case the Shift key press is not necessary. Don't forget that when performing any operations with alphabetic keys, you should use letters of the English layout. It is absolutely not important which language you have configured at the moment.
- When you have selected the required text press Ctrl + C to copy the selected part.
- In order to paste the text into a new document, press Ctrl + V. do not forget to do the manipulation with the cursor.
How to copy text without the mouse on other devices
Almost all PC are the same, so your existing skills you can easily apply while working on desktop or MacBook. On the desktop copying text is done in exactly the same way.
When working with text on MacBook there is only one small difference. Instead of Ctrl you will need to press Cmd.
Now you know how to copy text using keyboard. This knowledge will help you to operate with comfort, especially if the hand is not convenient mouse.