Essential oils against insect bites
To get rid of mosquitoes, midges and ticks will help essential oils of tea tree, eucalyptus, clove, thyme, geranium or lavender.
If you are good to carry the contact of oil with skin – you can mix 20 drops of any "mosquito" oil with 30 grams of any base oil (best grape seed or wheat germ), and apply the mixture on exposed skin. You can "enrich" essential oil, baby oil, cream or vaseline.
If you wary to the idea to apply essential oils to the skin – you can dribble them in a medallion jug and carry it on the neck.
The apartment or country house, you can add essential oils in aroma lamps and put them by open Windows. Another option is to soak a mixture of oil cloth for the night and put it next to the bed.
Spicy cloves from mosquitoes
Proven and very effective folk remedy for mosquito bites – carnation, a popular spice. The peculiar smell of clove buds are pleasing to humans, but insects cannot tolerate it.
A tablespoon of cloves, pour a glass of cold water on slow fire, bring to a boil, wait until cool and strain. Cotton swab apply a clove decoction on exposed skin, you can spray them and clothes. It will provide you protection for several hours.
Cloves can be used for the replacement of the antimosquito fumigator or spiral. Cut the lemon into thick slices and stick them in clove buds. Citrus-spicy scent is usually associated with the Christmas atmosphere, but also as insect repellent works fine. Place the arrangement next to the bed or table on the veranda and insects will not bother you.
Vanillin – an effective remedy for mosquitoes and midges
The vanilla scent associated with fresh pastries. In comparison with the cloves, this scent is much softer and cook vanilla lotion against mosquitoes is much easier.
Dissolve a teaspoon of vanilla in a glass of water – and the remedy is ready. Soak in solution a cotton pad and wipe exposed skin. You can also spray vanilla water, clothes or room.
A particularly valuable solution of vanillin in cases when we are talking about the annoying flies and scare her off harder than the mosquitoes, and even special funds are not always cope with this task. And vanilla provide a good protection against midges.
The vanilla is not necessary to use the solution: add half a teaspoon of vanilla powder 50 grams baby cream, then mix thoroughly. The resulting aromatic cream applied to the skin, to exude a "sweet" fragrance and enjoy your life without mosquitoes.
Herbal mosquito repellent: wormwood, Wheatgrass and Valerian
Another old and proven folk remedy from mosquito bites – decoctions of Valerian root, sage or wheat grass.
A half-liter of water we need to take a handful of chopped roots of any of these plants, bring to a boil over low heat, then pour into a thermos and infuse for 30-60 minutes, then strain and allow to cool.
The resulting tool, wipe exposed areas of the body and sprayed the clothes is able to protect from mosquito bites for 4-5 hours. However, Valerian should exercise caution in using cat owners: the smell of Valerian will scare away mosquitoes, but guaranteed to attract the unwanted attention of a pet.
Mosquito repellent from home kit: camphor and the Asterisk
If the home kit is camphor drugs – they can also do a good job in insect repellent. Any camperstrike remedy for external use it is possible to slowly RUB the skin behind the ears or lubricate the wrist. And to chase away mosquitoes from your home, you can boil water in a small saucepan, add a few drops and boil for a few minutes – fragrant camphor vapor will force the insects to leave the premises.
Another great way to deter mosquitoes – Vietnamese balm "gold star" is widely known under the name "star". Contains clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and peppermint oil, and this "cocktail", a point applied to the skin in small quantities, quite effectively protects from mosquitoes. However, it is not necessary to use the available, also "Star" not recommended for children under the age of five.
Cologne "Carnation": the best alcohol-based remedies
The smell of alcohol, blood-sucking pests also dislike, so for short-term protection can be treated the skin with alcohol, vodka or even cognac. However, the best alcohol folk remedy against mosquitoes is the Cologne "Carnation", which includes the extract of the flowers of clove.
It is an inexpensive Cologne with a rather pungent odor, which many people think is unpleasant. However, as a mosquito repellent "Carnation" is very good. A small amount of Cologne is applied to your skin or clothing, providing protection from insects for a few hours.
Advice 2 : How to protect yourself from mosquitoes while camping
- - the roots of couch grass, cinnamon, anise, pine or eucalyptus oil, onions, pine or spruce cones, Valerian, juniper, clove, Basil, cherry, tobacco, sprays, creams and gels for protection against mosquitoes
Advice 3 : How to get rid of mosquitoes using odor
Advice 4 : How to deal with mosquitoes
- Clothing. If you plan to stay outdoors, then you need to dress properly. Shirt and jacket with long sleeves,boxy trousers and socks will protect the body from bites.
- Gas attack. Mosquitoes are extremely sensitive to smells. They do not like the aroma of Basil, thyme, mint, rosemary and calendula. Planted at home or in the country these plants will keep the influx of uninvited guests.
- Away from the water. Mosquitoes thrive in the aquatic environment. Even small containers of water can lead to their rapid emergence. In order not to become subject to attacks by insects, you should avoid ponds, lakes and other similar places, especially in the evening and at night.
- Apple cider vinegar – mosquitoes just hate him. Enough to RUB a few drops into the skin to for a few hours to forget the annoying "neighbors."
- Various means (repellents). In the store and a pharmacy you can buy spray, body butter, candles and other means to protect from insects.
- Mosquito netting is a great way to protect the room from insects. They are divided into two types: sliding and stationary.
- Aromatic essential oils. Smells of vanilla, lavender, eucalyptus and even Catnip repel mosquitoes. You can mix any oil with water and spray it on a body or clothes. Essential smell will hide the human scent that so strongly attracts pests.