Why do nose bleeds
In addition to mechanical damage blood from the nose may occur for the following reasons:
- Constant stress, fatigue;
- Weak blood vessels;
- High blood pressure;
- The use of medical devices and drugs;
- Reduced blood clotting;
- Dry air in the room.
A number of possible causes of epistaxis suggests that after the first aid you need to contact the doctor to diagnose the reason. This is especially true for those people, blood from the nose which is common.
What not to do if bleeding from the nose
Before describing first aid to stop nosebleeds, it is necessary to note, what to do in any case is impossible:
- Tip the head is strictly prohibited. Otherwise the blood may get into the respiratory tract or cause bloody vomit.
- It is not necessary to lie down or tilt legs. Such actions will lead to an influx of blood to the head, which will only aggravate the bleeding.
- Tea or coffee will contribute to the increase in pressure, which can lead to increased bleeding from the nose or contribute to relapse. Therefore, at least several days should refrain from these drinks.
- After the blood was stopped, it is not necessary to vysmarkivatsya a minimum of 12 hours. Such actions may trigger a relapse of bleeding.
How to stop a bloody nose
- Before taking any action, you need to watch the amount of bleeding. Also it is necessary to assume the result that blood went. Perhaps knowing the cause, you can determine how long will the bleeding. There are times when the blood stops by itself.
- Can be inserted into the nostril from which the blood flows a piece of cotton wool soaked in water. The person must sit on the chair with back and to make sure he was not tipping his head back. It is desirable that the head, by contrast, were down.
- Slightly squeeze the wings of nose with fingers for a few minutes. This will speed up the bleeding stop.
- To narrow the blood vessels need to attach to the back something cold.
- If the intensity of bleeding is high, and its origin is unknown, you should immediately call an ambulance.