In such a situation at least once every fall. As a rule, to solve the problem - how to drain gasoline from the tank, manages, turning to his friends or to total strangers who can help you out. The main thing – to transfer fuel quickly and as safely as possible for another car.
How to siphon gas with a hose
This method is one of the most common. Knows, probably, each motorist. You need to take the hose and some kind of container, which will overflow with fuel.
And then lowering one end of the hose into the tank of the car-donor, and the other to put in the filled container. Gently blow out air, breathing in his mouth. Then quickly dip tube and watch as the flowing gasoline, waiting for the right amount.
Despite the simplicity of the process, to use this method may not all. This is due to the structure of the fuel tanks of some cars. In addition, a person is forced to inhale fumes that will somehow affect his health.
Therefore, for some cases will be the preferred alternative. It involves unscrewing the tube of a petrol tank of a car. As a rule, it is placed at the bottom.
How to drain petrol injection vehicles
The above methods are not suitable for more modern cars. It is therefore advisable to use the following method to drain the gasoline from the tank:
- open the neck of a petrol tank;
- open the hood and find the base of a rubber tube at the bottom of the engine, it is necessary to ensure that the gasoline was moved to the ramp;
- remove the hose clamp, disconnect the petrol hose;
- turn the key in the ignition;
- then looking for the fuse box and remove relay responsible for the fuel pump;
- using the usual paperclip perimysium a few proper contacts in the socket;
- switch on the ignition;
- now you can start draining the fuel into a prepared container.
In this method, it is important to carefully follow the process. The appearance of bubbles in merging the fuel you need to stop everything and turn off the ignition. If you do not, it is possible to achieve disabling of the fuel pump of the car-donor.
Next, return to the place of the clamp and the hoses. Also socket mounted relay, close the tube tank.
Now you know some effective ways on how to siphon gas. Following these simple tips, you can help the motorist, who suddenly ran out of fuel, or yourself if necessary, drain the gasoline from the car.