You will need
- - application for grant of a patent;
- - passport (with notarized translation into Russian language);
- - migration card with a mark about the purpose of arrival;
- - certificate of Russian language proficiency, knowledge of history of Russia and fundamentals of legislation;
- - voluntary health insurance policy issued in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- - certificate of absence of drug addiction and dangerous infectious diseases;
- - certificate of absence of HIV infection;
- - a document confirming the advance payment of personal income tax in a fixed amount;
- - documents on registration at the place of stay.
Earlier patents entitled for work only individuals. Now they distribute the action and work of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs. It is necessary to obtain separate patents for work in the legal or physical entities. it Should also be noted that a patent is valid only within one region.
To obtain a patent a foreign citizen must apply personally to the regional Department of the FMS. He needs to write an application for a patent and to make an impressive package of documents. All of these documents are mandatory and the absence of any of them, may be grounds for denial.
In the case of a positive decision, the foreign citizen will issue a patent within 10 working days after submission of the application. The patent is issued at personal visit to the passport.
The patent period of validity - from one month to one year. The patent term is set to the period for which paid income tax. Payment is due in advance and paid for the patent shall be extended automatically without the need for a visit to FMS. In the case of non-patent terminates the term of its action the next day.
The value of patents varies depending on the subject of the Russian Federation. For example, for Moscow and region monthly personal income tax in 2016 is set at 4200 R. for the Tomsk region - 2500 R. One of the most valuable patents in Yakutia and Chukotka - 7000 and 8000 R.
Within two months from the date of issuance of a patent a foreign citizen who has concluded labour or civil contract, shall provide FMS with a copy. This can be done in person or by registered mail.
The patent covers the representatives of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine. Citizens of Belarus and Kazakhstan to patents is required. Other foreigners would still have to issue a work permit.
The application for a patent must be filed within 30 days from the date of entry to Russia. The penalty for late registration ranges from 10 to 15 thousand rubles must be paid before the time of applying for a patent.