Up to what age the child needs permission to travel abroad

The age beyond which a person is considered an adult and fully capable to answer for their actions, established by the legislation of the Russian Federation and is 18 years old. Since then, the citizen is considered fully capable and can exercise both the rights and duties of a citizen. Until then it remains the responsibility of parents representing their interests. In the absence of parents, the interests of the child till 14 years is appointed in a judicial order the guardians, and after 14 years – Trustees.

The child can cross the border with their parents or with someone of them, a guardian or Trustee. Is allowed and independent travel of a child who has reached 14 years of age, unaccompanied. In that case, when the child should be with someone of the relatives or accompanying the group must have it in writing and notarized permission from parents or guardians. This document is a confirmation that they are informed about the trip, you know about where and for what period of time is sent to the minors and also agree on how he will spend his time: travel as a tourist, to live with relatives or to relax in the children's camp.

Documents needed to travel abroad with the child

Parents or one of them, as when crossing the Russian border, will need to provide identity documents and documents of the child. It should have a separate passport, issued at any age. If the child's surname differs from the surname of the parent or parents will need to present his birth certificate and documents about the conclusion or dissolution of marriage. When travelling with a guardian or guardian confirming the relationship of the document is a certificate of guardianship or custody.

If a child with only one parent, when crossing the Russian border written consent of the other parent is not required. But you need to ask in advance the procedure established in the host country. In some States, the consent of the other parent to cross the border with a child – a binding document.

When a child must, in addition to the passport and certified copies of the birth certificate, he will need a notarized consent of one, but preferably two parents. This document must be listed the details of the trip: where, for how long and for what purpose the child is going. In the absence of consent from the other parent, you should issue a document about the reason of his absence. It can be a notarized copy of the death certificate or a certificate from the Registrar in the form No. 25.