But people tamed this mysterious plant and were able to care for orchids at home. It should be noted, in this case, is not a place for lazy people. The Orchid needs a reverent attitude and care.
Let's see still how to care for orchids:
- The Orchid should be planted in a special substrate. You can buy, but you can prepare. This requires a dry pine bark to boil a couple of times every few days to get rid of harmful insects. Then cut it into small pieces and mix with chopped dried sphagnum moss.
- Pot choose transparent or white to the roots of the plants will not overheat in the sun. Let it be plastic, so that the roots of the Orchid did not stick to the walls and not injured during transplantation. Ensure that the pot had holes for good ventilation and to avoid water stagnation.
- When the pot is ready on the bottom, as good drainage to move water, put the foam pieces. Then stacked substrate to fill three quarters of the pot. And then placed the Orchid. It is impossible to pin down the roots! Then fill up the remaining substrate.
- It is important to remember that the Orchid requires a transplant not more often than once in three years.
- As for the lighting, the Orchid — photophilous plant, which, however, it is better to protect from the midday sun. To do this, place a flower on the East or West window.
- Orchids the most feel good at temperatures from +20C to +25C.
- Watering orchids in summer once in two or three days, and in winter once or twice a week. Use with warm water. It is better that it was defended. You also need every morning to spray the flower with warm water.
- In addition to regularly watered Orchid is necessarily "prikarmlivat. This can be done with special fertilizers 1 time per week during growth and flowering, 1 time a month the rest of the time.
- Any gardener impatiently waiting for the moment of flowering. The orchids this happens at the age of one and a half to two and a half years. Sometimes it happens that the impulse to the prosperity, can give a reduction of irrigation, or the difference in air temperature.
- To ensure that the Orchid has bloomed, you can also use a hot shower. For this place the flower in the bathroom and pour a gentle stream of water (40C) for several minutes. Then let the water drain, and you Pat the middle of the plant tissue in order to avoid rotting.
- If you notice plants such signs of stress as wrinkling or yellowing leaves, lack of flowering, it is better to look for another place and set of conditions. As soon as the Orchid's root, it will grow, and delight you with their blooms.