But people tamed this mysterious plant and were able to care for orchids at home. It should be noted, in this case, is not a place for lazy people. The Orchid needs a reverent attitude and care.
Let's see still how to care for orchids:
- The Orchid should be planted in a special substrate. You can buy, but you can prepare. This requires a dry pine bark to boil a couple of times every few days to get rid of harmful insects. Then cut it into small pieces and mix with chopped dried sphagnum moss.
- Pot choose transparent or white to the roots of the plants will not overheat in the sun. Let it be plastic, so that the roots of the Orchid did not stick to the walls and not injured during transplantation. Ensure that the pot had holes for good ventilation and to avoid water stagnation.
- When the pot is ready on the bottom, as good drainage to move water, put the foam pieces. Then stacked substrate to fill three quarters of the pot. And then placed the Orchid. It is impossible to pin down the roots! Then fill up the remaining substrate.
- It is important to remember that the Orchid requires a transplant not more often than once in three years.
- As for the lighting, the Orchid — photophilous plant, which, however, it is better to protect from the midday sun. To do this, place a flower on the East or West window.
- Orchids the most feel good at temperatures from +20C to +25C.
- Watering orchids in summer once in two or three days, and in winter once or twice a week. Use with warm water. It is better that it was defended. You also need every morning to spray the flower with warm water.
- In addition to regularly watered Orchid is necessarily "prikarmlivat. This can be done with special fertilizers 1 time per week during growth and flowering, 1 time a month the rest of the time.
- Any gardener impatiently waiting for the moment of flowering. The orchids this happens at the age of one and a half to two and a half years. Sometimes it happens that the impulse to the prosperity, can give a reduction of irrigation, or the difference in air temperature.
- To ensure that the Orchid has bloomed, you can also use a hot shower. For this place the flower in the bathroom and pour a gentle stream of water (40C) for several minutes. Then let the water drain, and you Pat the middle of the plant tissue in order to avoid rotting.
- If you notice plants such signs of stress as wrinkling or yellowing leaves, lack of flowering, it is better to look for another place and set of conditions. As soon as the Orchid's root, it will grow, and delight you with their blooms.
Advice 2 : The Phalaenopsis Orchid: features and rules of transplantation
Phalaenopsis Orchid repot only when absolutely necessary, usually 1 every 2-3 years. If possible, this procedure is best to replace the partial change of the substrate or handling. It is important to remember that a transplant is highly undesirable to hold during the period of flowering and dormant plants.
When do I need to repot Phalaenopsis Orchid?
Transplantation is often necessary plant, which was acquired in a flower shop. It is the decomposed substrate with moss, peat and pieces of foam. All these components hold moisture is detrimental to the root system of the orchids.
Another reason to repot Phalaenopsis, the disease plants. After treatment of the root system it is necessary to prepare a new substrate. But if the Orchid cramped in its pot, then you need to choose a new one and transplant a flower.
How to choose the right pot for Phalaenopsis?
The roots of Phalaenopsis orchids are involved in photosynthesis, so plants it is desirable to choose a transparent pot with lots of holes. Often, however, this use of natural materials: half of a coconut, a piece of bark, cutting of a fruit tree. Phalaenopsis will take root, but will have little to change conditions. In nature this Orchid grows on trees.
Experienced growers and admirers of Phalaenopsis using baskets of wood and bamboo. It is better to choose bamboo products as to their walls, the roots do not grow in the future the plant will be transplanted.
What should be the substrate for Phalaenopsis?
As soon as a container for transplanting Phalaenopsis orchids, you need to decide on substrate. In flower shops you can buy ready-made substrate. When you choose you need to remember that it should not decompose for 3 years, to be airtight and hygroscopic. It can be assembled independently, combining charcoal, sphagnum moss, expanded clay and pieces of bark. Some growers plant Phalaenopsis Orchid in bark only.
How is the transfer of orchids?
Transplanting Phalaenopsis carried out in several stages:
1. Take out the plant from the old pot and free the roots of the old substrate. Carefully inspect the roots: healthy, dense, green and elastic.
2.Shears cut all the dead and rotten roots, the cut needs to be dried and grinded charcoal. If the plant has few roots, it can be treated with a dry rooting stimulant.
3. The soil before planting wetted and drained the water so it was damp, but not wet.
4. On the bottom of the pot put a crust of the coarse fraction, it can be replaced or expanded clay pebbles. Then set the plant and cover the root system. This must be done carefully so as not to damage the roots of the Orchid.
5. In the pot there was no void, you can tap on the walls. It is important to remember that in no case can not bury the neck, it can cause it to rot, the plant will be difficult to save.
6.To provide a comfortable environment, on top of the soil put a small layer of moss. Plant after the transplant, do not water for 2 weeks.
Transplanting Phalaenopsis orchids is hard work that requires accuracy. First, you need to choose the right pot and prepare the substrate, and then the plant itself. It is important to check all the roots and remove the dry and rotten, otherwise, weakened after transplanting Orchid will start to hurt.