What vitamins help with allergies?
List of drugs that help with allergic diseases, includes the following vitamins:
- Vitamin PP (nicotinic acid) lowers the severity of Allergy symptoms and rate of development of allergic reactions.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) – relieves nasal congestion in chronic allergic rhinitis, and also reduces the amount of secretions from the nasal cavity.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) – helps with allergic reactions to monosodium glutamate. It is also prescribed for psoriasis, diathesis and some allergic skin diseases.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) – relieves symptoms of allergic asthma, rashes, dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, and reduces allergic sensitivity to egg yolk.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – relieves the symptoms of seasonal allergies, and reduces the risk of severe allergic reactions such as angioedema and anaphylactic shock.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) – helps in psoriasis, allergic dermatoses and other skin diseases.
How to take vitamin supplements if you are allergic?
Do not think that it is possible to take vitamins for allergies by selecting the medication and dosage. Before using any vitamin preparations you may need to consult with your doctor.
Below are the standard dosing schedules of vitamins to help with allergies:
- Nicotinic acid is produced in the form of tablets and powder for preparation of solution to be taken inside. The drug is usually prescribed for 1 month in the daily dose of 200 to 300 mg.
- Vitamin B5 is also available in the form of tablets and powder. The drug is taken in a dose of 100 mg once a day before bedtime.
- Vitamin B6 is administered in the form of tablets or soluble powder, 50 mg daily for three months.
- Vitamin B12 is administered as a subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, which is produced in the course of a month at a dose of 500 mcg per week. Tablet form of the drug is also prescribed for a month at a dose of 30-60 micrograms per day or 100 micrograms a day.
- Vitamin C is taken in the form of pills and soluble powder for the prevention of seasonal allergies during March or April to 1 g two times a day. In the period of exacerbation of Allergy taking vitamin C 1-3 grams per day.
- Vitamin E is administered in the form of tablets of 5 g three times a day. The drug should be used with caution to take with hypertension and diabetes.