You will need
  • - application to the FMS;
  • - passport;
  • - birth certificate;
  • - 4 passport photos;
  • - statement to the Registrar (if data are entered incorrectly resulting in the birth certificate).
If you find errors or inaccuracies in the just received the passport, please inform the authorized persons, responsible for verifying information and issuing passports. You immediately, that is, immediately execute a new document. Delay in issue of passport with correct information may only be caused by the fact that you don't have new pictures for the document with accurate information. Unfortunately, to pay for new photos you will from its own funds. Renewal of passport can be totally free.
If you find a mistake in the passport after some time, contact the Federal migration service Department. Apply, please submit a passport with a wrong record, birth certificate, photographs. You will renew the passport within 10 days. To pay for the renewal you will not. Even if the error occurred as a result of incorrectly completed application with information about yourself. As authorized and responsible for issuing passports to persons are obliged to issue a document based on information in the original sources, ie birth certificate and old passportand not on the information contained in the statement.
If the error in the passport was the result of a rewritten information from the birth certificate, in fact it is an error in the birth certificate, and you need to change the original received document mistakenly made a record, and then to apply for a replacement passport with the correctly entered information.
To correct erroneous entries in the birth certificate, contact the Registrar at the place of residence or the place of registration of birth. Write a statement of reason for replacement birth certificates. This document can be changed within 1-2 months.
After receiving the birth certificate with the correct entries submitted, please contact FMS. Complete the application for replacement of the passport with incorrect entries on a new document.