Before taking permanent residence in Finland, you must obtain a temporary residence permit. It is provided in several cases: for example, if you are going to Finland at the invitation of the employer (which will have to justify and confirm what such a specialist like you in the country he could find); you can also apply for a temporary residence if you open your business in Finland.
To move to a residence permit in Finland you can, if you are an ethnic Finn, and the can is documented. In addition to nationality, you will have to prove that you speak Finnish as mother language.
Temporary residence is granted to those who have decided to obtain higher education in Finland; those who are married with Finnish citizen (or a foreigner with permanent residence). For permanent residence requires that the marriage lasted for at least two years.
Only after living in Finland with the status of a residence permit for a period exceeding 5 years can obtain permission for permanent residence.