How to choose the dishes from a safe material
To choose the right cookware, you should consider the advantages and disadvantages of the material from which it is made.
- Chemically stable and safe to use is enamelware. It can be used for cooking or food storage, as well as to salted and marinades. This is great for cooking liquid foods. Utensils can be used if no damage to the enamel, otherwise it is better to refuse, as to the "bare" metal begins to penetrate the moisture, and corrosion begins.
- In the utensils made of aluminium should not cook acidic and spicy dishes, but also to store products, since food can get aluminum salts, are extremely harmful to the body.
- Pretty popular cookware is of stainless steel, which is resistant to oxidation and external impacts, besides it allows to save all useful properties of the products during cooking. It can store food for quite a long time. The only drawback of this dish is the concentration of allergen is Nickel, so it should not be used often.
- Fry and simmer in cast iron cookware, which slowly heats and cools, moreover, is resistant to overcooking.
- Also a great option for frying is Teflon cookware. It is not necessary to use the oil as food does not stick due to the special coating. So as not to damage it when working with such dishes you should use a plastic or wooden spatula.
- To cook and serve food in a glass container. It keeps the body warm and is environmentally friendly. If you are going to use a glass dish for cooking, keep in mind that it must be made of heat-resistant glass.
How to choose cookware: some tips
When choosing pots and pans, pay attention to the thickness of the metal. It is best to use the dishes, the walls of which are thicker than 2 mm as fine metal subject to deformation upon cooling and heating.
To choose the right utensils with Teflon coating, it should be remembered that cheap the exterior is coated with poor quality paint that fades and fades pretty quickly.
Cookware with plastic handles suitable for electric cookers as on a gas stove, they heat up and emit an unpleasant smell of burning plastic.
If you are going to cook food in the microwave, keep in mind that ordinary metal utensils cannot be used. You will need a ceramic or glass container.