For the novice pastry chef has a few tips to try.
To make honey lollipops, you'll need:
- parchment or wax paper;
pot with thick walls;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 65 g of honey;
- 2 tablespoons of water;
- measuring Cup;
- wooden spoon;
- food thermometer;
- 2 teaspoons of lemon essence;
- Lollipop sticks.
1. Cover the pan with a layer of parchment or wax paper. Place baking sheet in a place where he will be on hand.
2. Put the honey, water and sugar in a saucepan. Put on the stove on medium heat. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until all the sugar crystals dissolved.
3. Attach a food thermometer to the inner wall of the dish and increase the heat. Allow the mixture to boil, not stirring, and not touching the pan. Continue to boil until the temperature reaches 150-155°C. the Mixture should be transparent lemon yellow.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture in a heat proof measuring Cup or a ladle. Quickly add the lemon essence with a wooden spoon.
5. Put the hot balls of the mixture onto the prepared tray. Try to give them a more rounded shape, and that they were no more than 5 cm in diameter. Lay the sticks so that one end lay in the future candy. Screw the sticks to their end in the cooling syrup. So the Lollipop will not fall off the sticks when it will be there.
6. Let the lollipops cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the tray. Wrap each candy in wax paper or foil to store.